|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|||||Careers Home|
Regular And Special Duties:
1. Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures without supervision.
2. Ensures that work is in accordance with relevant codes.
3. Installs and services high-bay lights, communication cables, and electrical control systems.
4. Assembles, installs, tests, and maintains electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
5. Assists in the removal and replacement of all motors.
6. Is familiar with and able to follow manuals for variable speed drives, programmable controllers, panel views, robots, and other electronic devices.
7. Teaches robot positions as needed for production.
8. Uses PLC programming software to troubleshoot equipment operated by PLC’s.
9. Understands ladder logic.
10. Diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown, and corrects the problem.
11. Connects wires to circuit breakers, transformers, and other components.
12. Effectively troubleshoots AC motors, DC motors, wound rotor motors, and fractional horsepower motors.
13. Performs electrical maintenance on cranes, ( including brake adjustments and inspections), air compressors, and 480V power distribution circuits.
14. Operates man-lift and fork tucks as required.
15. Effectively troubleshoots the electrical, heating, and air conditioning units and changes filters in air handling equipment.
16. Inspects electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustments or repairs, and to ensure compliance with codes.
17. Advises management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
18. Tests electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and meggers to ensure compatibility and safety of the system.
19. Installs conduit and wiring according to the NEC.
20. Plans layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
21. Prepares sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
22. Uses a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including meggers, ammeters, and test lamps.
23. Maintains good housekeeping in work area.
24. Changes thermocouples on oven and Escher system.
25. Adjusts and aligns Ircons as needed.
Does other work as assigned by Supervisor.
Must have sound knowledge of electricity, of the National Electric Code, and be able to interpret conventional and schematic electrical drawings with all related symbols. Must be able to effectively troubleshoot electric motors, generators, lines, and controls. Must be dependable and able to work with minimum of supervision and to direct activities of others. Must be able to climb steps and ladders and work from heights. Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment and follow appropriate arc flash protection measures. Must be safety-conscious at all times.