|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|||||Careers Home|
|Regional Branch Manager|
Role Summary: Responsible for the overall production, inventory control, workforce safety, service and quality for multiple sites within an assigned region. Ensures the efficiency of operations including controlling cost, development of the workforce, the quality of the products, and the timely delivery of products to customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage multiple sites that will have a production manager to manage plant floor and shipping activity, while a senior customer service representative will manage the branch office operations
· Responsible for the safety and wellbeing for all employees on site. With the assistance of the safety and environmental staff assigned to each individual site, ensure that all safety requirements are fulfilled and maintain compliance with local EPA standards.
· Effectively maintain a quality standard equal to or better than our customer requirements
· Work with other Regional Branch Managers and other individual Branch Managers to maintain a homogeneous working relationship where best practices are shared and employee safety and customer satisfaction remains the primary focus.
· Effectively work with US Pipe purchasing, manufacturing planning, logistics team and both US Pipe and USPF CSR teams to ensure effective inventory control to satisfy customer needs and meet corporate inventory expectations. Inventory accuracy is critical.
· Work closely with the Regional Continuous Improvement Manager to improve operations and effectively reduce cost
· Each region will have a customer service team located in a central location delivering a production and shipping schedule to each site. The customer service team will work for the Regional Branch Manager.
· Responsible for conducting performance evaluations and properly track employee attendance, document employee issues and consistently address employee disciplinary issues with the assistance of onsite personnel. May provide assistance to HR Manager on occasion with hiring, terminations and documentation.
· Forecast monthly sales projections on a weekly basis understanding order intake and backlog by branch. Will work as part of a cross functional team with the USPF sales team
· Responsibility for maintaining and improving upon production capability by utilizing lean tools and continuous improvement techniques. Understanding Lean manufacturing is critical to move the business forward
· Maintain an open and honest communication with the entire organization developing a collaborative business environment
· Occasional professional customer interface will be required
· Routine travel to each site within assigned region will be required
· Additional duties and responsibilities as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills are necessary
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
· Strong sense of urgency in meeting customer needs and project deadlines
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint applications
· Strong knowledge of safety and environmental compliance
· Must have at least 2-3 proven years of previous management experience in a fast paced manufacturing or fabrication environment.
· Solid knowledge of processes involved in the manufacture of fabricated products, preferably with iron or steel, is a plus.
· Previous experience motivating workforce through change management is desired.
High school diploma or equivalent is desired
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
· Regular travel will be required.
· Since this is a heavy industrial environment there will be exposure to Fabrication Shop operations.
The employee will routinely be exposed to the following working conditions: extreme heat and cold, noise, vibration, oils, and airborne contaminants such as dust and fumes.
· When in the shop production area the employee will be required to wear PPE (to include safety glasses, hearing protection where required, and steel toed shoes).
· The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing, driving and sitting.