|View All Opportunities|||||Opportunities By Location|||||Opportunities By Category|||||Careers Home|
|Program Chair - Marketing Management|
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia, seeks a full-time Program Chair for its Marketing Management Program. The program chair is responsible for fulfilling both dual administrative and non-administrative (teaching) duties for the Marketing Management Programs.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and implement course materials that support stated initiatives and use appropriate techniques to provide students with the knowledge needed to achieve the learning outcomes for all Marketing Management courses offered.
This position requires using appropriate teaching, testing, and grading techniques; demonstrating current knowledge of the subject area; using effective written and oral communication skills; maintaining educational records; developing curriculum and Blackboard course shells; selecting textbooks and supplementary instructional materials; using technology appropriate to the subject taught; evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives; and maintaining/requisitioning supplies and equipment.
The Program Chair will be the only full-time Faculty in the department and will only supervise Adjuncts, for both Marketing Management programs. The candidate is also expected to have a high sense of urgency, drive and motivation in order to be successful in the role.
The Program Chair will assist with student recruitment, retention, advisement, and placement; recruitment and selection of adjuncts; budget administration; advisory committee meetings and fulfillment of accreditation requirements.
In addition to teaching, the program chair is responsible for the planning, development, organization, administration, review, and improvement of the Marketing Management programs.
Deadline to apply is July 9, 2018 at 4:30 pm.
Position Location and Reporting Structure:
The candidate will be based at the Athens, GA main campus.
· The candidate will report directly to the Dean, of the Business and Education division.
·The candidate will be the only Full-Time Faculty for the Marketing Management program.
· The candidate will be required to work 5 days a week (Monday–Friday) and must be available to teach day, evening and night classes at multiple campus locations as needed.
·The candidate will only supervise Part-Time Adjunct Instructors.
·The candidate will be required to commute to the other satellite campus locations (Elbert, Greene and Walton) for teaching, advisement, program recruiting and development, and other college related business matters.
· The Candidate must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the courses assigned.
· Master’s degree in Marketing Management with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Marketing courses required.
· Knowledge and experience with academic course standards, SACSCOC and ACBSP Accreditation.
· 5 years’ relevant work experience and; extensive knowledge of a business related, or marketing field.
· Considerable recent (three within the past five years) work experience in business administration; business management, marketing, human resources, supply chain and logistics and operations management.
· The candidate must also have a minimum of 1-2 years full-time faculty college-level teaching experience; including online, lecture, hybrid, and web-enhanced.
· Course development experience with developing and managing courses using Blackboard learning management system and online instruction.
· Experience with advisement, retention and enrollment management for high volume programs with multiple credential layers and offerings.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016.
· The successful candidate will also have knowledge of establishment and evaluation of student learning outcomes
· The candidate must demonstrate and display strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, unofficial transcripts and three (3) professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to email@example.com.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).