|View All Opportunities|||||Opportunities By Location|||||Opportunities By Category|||||Careers Home|
|Program Chair - Accounting|
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia, seeks a full-time Program Chair for its Accounting Program. The Program Chair is responsible for fulfilling both dual administrative and non-administrative (teaching) duties for the Accounting program.
The successful candidate will be expected to develop and implement course materials that support stated initiatives and use appropriate techniques to provide students with the knowledge needed to achieve the learning outcomes for all Accounting courses offered.
This position requires using appropriate teaching, testing, and grading techniques; demonstrating current knowledge of the subject area; using effective written and oral communication skills; maintaining educational records; developing curriculum and Blackboard course shells; using technology appropriate to the subject taught; evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives; and maintaining/requisitioning supplies and equipment.
The Program Chair will be responsible for supervising Adjuncts for the Accounting program. The candidate is also expected to have a high sense of urgency, drive and motivation in order to be successful in the role.
The Program Chair will assist with student recruitment, retention, advisement, and placement; recruitment and selection of adjuncts; budget administration; advisory committee meetings and fulfillment of accreditation requirements.
In addition to teaching, the Program Chair is responsible for the planning, development, organization, administration, review, and improvement of the Accounting programs.
Deadline to apply is January 10, 2018 at 4:30 pm.
Position Location and Reporting Structure:
The candidate will be based at the Athens, GA main campus.
· The candidate will report directly to the Dean, of the Business and Education division.
· The candidate will only supervise Part-Time Adjunct Instructors.
· The candidate will be required to work 5 days a week (Monday–Friday) and must be available to teach day, evening and night classes at multiple campus locations as needed.
· The candidate will be also required to commute to other satellite campus locations (Elbert, Greene and Walton) for teaching, advisement, program recruiting and development, and other college related business matters.
Minimum qualifications for this position requires:
· The Candidate must be credentialed to satisfy all appropriate accrediting bodies for the courses assigned.
· Master’s degree in Accounting or Accountancy (from an accredited college or university) with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Accounting related courses required;
Preferred qualifications for this position are:
· Knowledge and experience with academic course standards, SACSCOC and ACBSP Accreditation.
· 5 years’ relevant work experience and; extensive knowledge of an Accounting related field.
· CPA and/or CMA licensure.
· Considerable recent (three within the past five years) work experience in the Accounting field.
· The candidate must also have a minimum of 1-2 years Program Chair college-level teaching experience; including online, lecture, hybrid, and web-enhanced.
· Course development experience with developing and managing courses using Blackboard learning management system and online instruction.
· Experience with advisement, retention and enrollment management for high volume programs with multiple credential layers and offerings.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Word 2016, Excel 2016, PowerPoint 2016.
· The successful candidate will also have knowledge of establishment and evaluation of student learning outcomes
· The candidate must demonstrate and display strong written and oral communication, organization, and interpersonal skills.
To apply, click "Apply to This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, unofficial transcripts and three (3) professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or send electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).