|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|||||Careers Home|
Under limited supervision, develop and implement electrical engineering projects, specifications, plans, and designs for additions, modifications and improvements to manufacturing equipment and plant facilities.
1. Develop systems and processes that reduce costs, enhance employee safety, improve product quality and increase operating efficiencies and equipment reliability. Executes and manages these projects from design conception to installation and commissioning.
2. Implements critical projects ensuring adherence to design specifications, safety standards and regulatory compliance – on time and within budget.
3. Coordinates the design, construction and installation of electrical power and control systems for new and existing equipment which are safe, reliable and technically correct.
4. Proactively identify needs, conceive improvements, consider potential issues and evaluate costs and potential savings to optimize existing machinery and/or processes.
5. Performs root cause analysis using a number of established systems and techniques such as Failure Modes Effects Analysis, Cause and Effect diagrams (fishbone), 5 Whys, etc.
6. Conducts studies, collects data, and provides detailed engineering calculations to support proposed design solution.
7. Creates, modifies, and documents PLC programs, HMI screens and programs, electrical schematic drawings, control cabinet layouts, control networks, single line drawings and power distribution layouts.
8. Prepares cost estimates, writes detailed equipment specifications, obtains vendor/contractor quotations, writes purchase order requisitions for equipment, and provides on-site supervision of construction projects to assure that plans and specifications are met.
9. Prepares electrical drawings, project schedules, cable and I/O tables, PLC programs, HMI screens and programs, sequence of operations, operating and maintenance procedures, including parts lists, to provide plant personnel with operating and maintenance information.
10. Assists Plant Engineering and Maintenance personnel with the identification of causes of electrical and control problems and provides solutions to problems through adjustments, modifications, training, documentation or revisions to programs, parts and systems.
11. Organizes and maintains electrical controls and programming software licenses. Coordinates and performs upgrades when required.
12. Maintains working relationship with outside consulting engineers, contractors, suppliers and vendors to provide the Company with quality materials and professional assistance.
13. Obtains information from Engineering Department library and drawings, duplicates drawings as required and supplies information to plant personnel as required.
Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering required with Professional Engineering registration preferred.
Three plus years of electrical engineering experience in an industrial manufacturing environment, preferably in the foundry or steel industry.
Experienced in the design, installation, and maintenance of low and medium voltage power systems.
Experienced in the design, installation, and programming of PLC systems, preferably Allen-Bradley.
Experienced in the design, installation, and programming of HMI systems. Panelview, Cimplicity.
PC proficient with MS Office products and the ability to design electrical systems using CAD software, preferably AutoCAD.
Less than 10% travel
Excellent communications skills with ability to present technical information.