|View All Job Opportunities|||||Careers Home|
|Assistant to the VP of Live Events|
Are you hard working, self-motivated, and looking for a way to use your administrative talents are strengths to spread a positive message that is changing millions of lives across America?
Dave Ramsey’s Live Events Team is looking for someone fun, sharp, creative, and an all-around awesome person to join us as a full-time team member as the Assistant to the VP of Live Events.
About the Team
Dave Ramsey’s events are fast-paced, educational, and exciting! Our team is filled with driven and ambitious individuals collaborating together to change lives! We work hard, but we play hard too! You’ll find our team is equally as creative and energetic as we are hard working. Imagine—you could be joining a company that has been voted one of the Best Places to Work in Nashville five times in a row! Don’t you want to do work that matters?
We want someone who honestly answers “yes” to questions like these:
- Have you already started reading Dave Ramsey's recommended books, even before applying for this job?
- Do people already assume you work for Dave because of your passion for the message of financial peace?
- Will your references for this position already know how perfect you would fit in here?
· Position reports directly to the VP of Live Events
· Functions as support agent and gatekeeper for the VP of Live Events
· Manages company calendar and personal schedule for the VP of Live Events
· Assists event team as needed (i.e. maintenance tickets, IT needs, office supplies, etc.)
· Coordinates meetings for the VP and other key leaders in the company
· Creates meeting agendas and takes meeting minutes as needed by the VP of Live Events
· Organizes and manages meeting notebooks for the VP of Live Events
· Coordinates catered meeting breakfasts, lunches, or dinners as needed by the VP of Live Events
· Compiles event information for seasonal records for the Live Events team
· Coordinates travel for the VP of Live Events (i.e. flights, rentals, hotel)
· Organization and preparation of travel and event documents
· Prepares presentation documents or files for the VP of Live Events
· Coordinates personal needs and errands for the VP of Live Events as needed
· Organizes general department files for team members and accounting expenses
· Collects event items (i.e. workbooks, lanyards, DVDs, etc.) to keep an inventory for reference
· Helps with preparation for on location live events and other special events as needed
· Assists with documentation and management of the VP of Live Event’s expenses
· Assists with ordering and documentation of complimentary event tickets
· Coordinates interviews with new hires for the Live Events team
· Assists at the company front desk as needed
- Administrative Assistant or Personal Assistant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- A desire to take on responsibility
- Attention to detail and organization
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task with numerous projects and ideas
- Ability to create relationships and learn from your surroundings
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic with a “make-it-happen” attitude
- Passionate about working with a team
- Have a desire for doing work that matters
- Experience in the event industry
- Attended a Dave Ramsey live event
- Financial Peace University graduate
- Read The Total Money Makeover