|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|||||Careers Home|
|System Administrator I|
SumTotal is looking for a Systems Administrator I.
This position will provide full implementation and support of SumTotal's On Demand distributed software applications including build/deploy services, system implementation, upgrades, installation of applications and software, and implementation of enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system. Distributed software consists of (but isn't limited to) application server software; such as WebLogic Application Server, WebSphere Application Server, and WebSphere Portal Server as well as any other software needed to connect SumTotal built applications to other systems, data and to our clients.
• Install, configure and maintain SumTotal applications for hosted customers.
• Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and operation of selected applications.
• Troubleshoot cases reported by internal SumTotal departments involving the SumTotal application’s configuration/jobs/performance, FTP, server performance, level one support of IIS and databases.
• Respond to monitoring alerts involving downed system services, disk space availability, critical server resources, failed system jobs and other components of the data center environment.
• Case/incident management (respond to and resolve per SLA’s).
• Optimize system availability, security, system performance and operational efficiencies.
• Be available for a 24x7 on-call scheduled rotation.
• Work hours may be late morning to evening (EST) to cover west coast customers
• Strong Windows server operating skills.
• 2-yrs+ Enterprise level software installation, configuration and maintenance.
• Strong documentation and record keeping skills, with extreme attention to following documented Standard Operating Procedures.
• Knowledge of systems, network principles and general systems administration involving best practices.
• Basic understanding of Firewalls, Load Balancers and Proxy Servers is a plus.
• Basic understanding of RDBMS database SQL queries, table relationships, views and stored procedures.
• The ideal candidate has good communication skills and is able to learn new technology quickly and thoroughly, and is equally able to work as a team member or tackle a complex project individually.
• The ability to work in an energetic, fast paced and interrupt driven environment, with openness to the demands and rewards of a 24 x 7 workplace.
• Goal-oriented attitude to work through roadblocks and focused on next steps towards solving the problem.
More about SumTotal: SumTotal Systems is the global leader in strategic human capital management (HCM) software, and offers an integrated line of solutions dedicated to managing companies’ most valuable asset- its people. As the largest and most profitable independent HCM company in the industry and recognized by analysts as the most complete solution, SumTotal is proud to include over half of the Fortune 500 as our customers. We are looking for people who are passionate, dedicated, and motivated by lifelong learning. We provide each employee not just a competitive salary structure, bonuses, and a benefits plan, but also a chance to develop your talent. If you’re creative, forward thinking, and have a passion for excellence, SumTotal is the right place for you. For more information, please check out www.sumtotalsystems.com.