*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Now accpeting applications for the 2013-2014 winter season. Full & Part time positions available. Pay is D.O.E. based upon teaching experience and certifcation levels. Kinderbird Program teaches 4-6 year old children. Previous experience preferred but not required.
*This is a winter position. Tentative start date is mid-late November.
Under the direction of the Mountain School Management Team the Chickadee/Kinderbird Instructor coaches very young children in snow sports. The main job of the instructor is to insure that those in their care are safe, HAVE FUN, and learn.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Develop and maintain personal fitness level.
2. Attend all pre-season and ongoing training sessions as required by specific discipline and defined by training program. Attend all staff meetings. Fulfill personal attendance schedule.
3. Maintain safe, functional personal equipment, professional personal appearance (including uniform), be punctual and prepared for daily weather conditions.
4. Provide appropriate levels of internal and external service such as meeting and greeting guests, helping set up work areas as needed. Be punctual for work assignments. Provide clients feedback via progress cards, summary cards, or personal connection where appropriate.
5. Teach in accordance with current Snowbird and PSIA/AASI teaching and sport philosophies.
6. Complete all required training, scheduling and pay-related paperwork, forms for incidents/accidents, and client follow up in a timely and professional manner. Observe all company policies and procedures as presented. Represent the company in a professional manner.
7. Act as an ambassador for the resort, sharing passion for the sport with both children and parents.
8. Continue to improve personal teaching and skiing skills while keeping the children in our programs the main priority.
9. Travel: This position may require occasional travel to other resorts.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
3. Previous Work experience with teaching, coaching, camp counselor, or social work a plus.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Must be able to ski and have the ability to pass a physical capacity screening.
3. PSIA/AASI certification preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret various teaching and technical manuals for the sport of choice. The position also requires that the teacher maintain riding ability at a level that keeps current with technique and teaching changes, and have the ability to demonstrate these techniques accurately. Must have the ability to understand snow and mountain conditions and an understanding of snowboard/ski equipment maintenance. Outstanding communicator and teacher within group and individual setting.
This position requires a self-motivated individual who can prioritize effectively. Instructor must fill out daily work assignment sheets, class lists, incident/accident reports, summary/report cards for clients, and track personal business.
Specific Shift: Instructors will provide a schedule of availability and commit to a number of days as outlined in the work status requirements.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from high business volumes, deadlines, continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
3. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
4. Work is outdoors and requires constant exposure to cold and other extreme weather conditions.
5. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult, frequent exposure to noise.
Other/Additional: The instructor may be required to spend long periods (2-7 hours) outside without breaks. This requires a higher level of physical fitness. The instructor is responsible to maintain physical fitness such that they are not at risk of injury due to fitness level. Ability to ski or ride single black diamond terrain in all weather conditions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus to undulating terrain, changing snow surface conditions and varying outdoor lighting conditions. May be required to assist in various emergency situations that may occur on the mountain.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.