40 Berkeley a Hostel located in the South End of Boston, MA is looking for part-time House Person for the Housekeeping Department. The work schedule will be 32 hours a week, but must be flexible to allow for weekdays, weekends, and holidays. The House Person will perform behind-the-scenes maintenance to ensure hotel rooms, facilities, and function area is clean and operational. The House Person must be able to move around quite a bit, be able to lift things and exhibit a professional attitude toward their work and the hotel’s management team.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Ensure that lobbies, halls, guestrooms and bathrooms are cleaned.
• Stock guestrooms with towels and linens, furnishings and other supplies.
• Shampoo floors, hallways, upholstery and curtains and maintain industrial cleaner.
• Vacuum carpets, dust furniture, empty trash, and mop floors
• Strip, Buff and wax flooring as needed.
• Assist hotel staff in cleaning and preparing rooms for guests and larger areas for events.
• Assist maintenance and housekeeping with special projects as they arise.