*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Must be 21+ for the sale of alcohol.
Under the direction of Retail Store Manager
Responsible for the daily operation of a retail store at Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort. Primary functions are sales, stock and inventory.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Assisting guests with purchases.
2. Servicing customers in selecting merchandise, ringing up sales, handling returns, giving refunds, and addressing customer complaints.
3. Assists manager with inventory.
4. Stocks and restocks shelves with clothing and various other merchandise.
5. Responsible for cleaning the shop. For Example: Straightening merchandise, vacuuming, dusting, etc.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. Travel: N/A
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
2. 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 21 years of age.
2. E.A.S.Y./off sales consumption training.
Skills & Knowledge
Requires the operation of basic office equipment (cash register, ten-key, telephone, etc.) Responsible for care of office equipment used and for notifying supervisory about necessary repairs on store equipment.
Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. For example, will use best judgment when answering customer questions within job scope. May select solutions from a number of established courses of action.
1. Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
2. Store hours: Any day of the week between 9am to 7pm.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
2. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
3. Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
4. Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General retail conditions prevail.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.