Liberty Healthcare Corporation
Pennsylvania DPW Bureau of Autism
Office of Developmental Programs
Liberty Healthcare Corporation is accepting applications for a full-time Program Specialist position which will serve the Commonwealth of the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare (DPW) Office of Bureau of Autism/Office of Developmental Programs.
The mission of the Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) is to support Pennsylvanians with developmental disabilities to achieve greater independence, choice and opportunity in their lives.
The mission of the Bureau of Autism Services (BAS) is to develop and manage services and supports to enhance the quality of life of Pennsylvanians living with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and to support their families and caregivers. The Bureau will carry out its mission through the creation and administration of adult service delivery models, the development of resources to support individuals with autism and their families across the lifespan and by collaborating with and providing technical assistance to other Department of Public Welfare (DPW) offices and government agencies.
• Support those living with autism throughout the lifespan.
• Support those living with autism across the spectrum.
• Support families of individuals living with autism.
• Every person living with autism can have an improved quality of life given the right supports delivered by trained staff.
• Increased independence and self-sufficiency of individuals living with autism.
• Explore innovative, collaborative models of service delivery.
• Professional and program accountability.
The Office of Developmental Disabilities is located at 625 Forster Street, 6th Floor in Harrisburg, PA.
Learn more about the Bureau of Autism online at http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/dpworganization/officeofdevelopmentalprograms/bureauofautismservices/index.htm
The Program Specialist will be responsible for the following duties:
• Respond, either verbally or in writing, to select inquiries from intra and inter-departmental units, outside entities and family/applicants. Coordinates the development and maintenance of information technology to support program operations and monitor the tracking systems.
• Reviews and recommends modifications to program manuals and materials based on policy revisions. Develop and update forms and files.
• Coordinates the collection of Data to prepare reports.
• May be involved in provider recruitment, enrollment, dis-enrollment and outreach activities.
• May be involved in incident reviews, closing incidents, reports and investigations.
• May be involved in fair hearing preparation.
• May be involved in the referral/intake/enrollment of individuals into the two adult autism programs.
• Participates in trainings, meetings and conferences on behalf of the Bureau as assigned.
• Assist in tracking information, reviewing reports, and preparing reports for the supervisor, CMS and Agency when needed.
• The employee will use HCSIS and CIS for screening, entering information, and researching information when needed.
• The employee may assist in monitoring of services provided to participants of autism programs.
• The employee may also assist in the monitoring of providers enrolled in the autism programs.
Other related duties as required. The incumbent will be hired as a full-time employee of Liberty Healthcare Corporation and work on a contractual basis through a successful partnership between Liberty and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
As an employee of Liberty Healthcare the selected applicant will receive:
• Annual compensation: $46,000.50 ( $23.59 / hour )
• Benefits including both employer and employee sponsored individual / family health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, long-term disability insurance
• 25 days of paid time off annually (includes holidays, vacation, personal and sick leave)
• 401k plan
A detailed overview of Liberty Healthcare’s benefits may be found online at