*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
$100 sign on bonus, paid after 60 days of employment (offer valid until February 16th)
Under the direction of the Executive Chef. Responsible for coordinating individual station and communicating with front and back of house personnel to provide a dining experience that exceeds guest expectations.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Reports to work on time in the proper uniform.
2. Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees throughout the kitchen.
3. Participates in on-going employee training. Takes part in all incentive programs.
4. Obtains assigned station from Chef at the beginning of the shift. Prepares mis en place for his/her station and is ready to assist others if needed. Completes daily duties before and after the shift.
5. Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems. Handles guest concerns in a professional manner.
6. Maintains line of communication between Chef, Sous Chef and other kitchen staff.
1. Occasional contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 6+ months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Food Handlers Permit
Skills & Knowledge
Must deomonstrate competency in reading writing and arithmetic and have the basic knowledge of culinary terms and knife skills. In addition, must demonstrate ability to learn recipes, handle all kichen equipment, and lean basic kitchen techniques. Candiate must have the ability to multi-task i.e., prep several items at once while accepting direction from the Chef or Sous Chef.
Position requires exercise of judgment within policy guidelines, problem solving and initiation of activities written job description and responsibility limitations. Also requires understanding of other Snowbird operations.
• Shifts vary depending on business levels, but may include weekends and holidays. Typical shift is 9:00am - 4:30pm
• Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.