Pay Rate: $8.50/hr + service charge commission
*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of Spa Manager
To greet guests as they enter the Spa. They are also responsible for checking the guests into the Spa for treatments and also for the use of the Spa. The Coordinators are responsible for booking treatments and need to have knowledge of the treatments so that they are able to explain the treatments to the guests.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Scheduling - Must be able to schedule Spa treatments. Must have the knowledge of the Spa treatments to be able to explain to guests.
2. Money Handling - Must be able to handle cash. Credit cards, room charges, and gift certificates.
3. Opening/ Closing - Must be able to perform all the functions with opening and closing the Spa.
4. Customer Service- Must be able to interact with guests from diverse backgrounds.
5. Must be able to work under high pressure / stress.
6. Travel: N/A
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
1. High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2. 6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
1. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Skills & Knowledge
Coordinators must have knowledge of the Spa treatments. Able to read, write and communicate through speech. Able to use arithmetic with accuracy in counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Able to use a multi-line phone.
Must be able to keep the front desk organized. Must be reliable, mature and able to work with minimal supervision. Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Requires some problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and responsibility limitations. Requires strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
1. Shifts vary, may be early morning or late evening, weekends, holidays, depending on business levels.
2. Specific Shift: 6am-2pm; 2pm-10pm. Must be available any day of the week. Flexible schedule required.
1. Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
2. May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
1. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
2. General office environment with limited physical activity.
3. Work is routine in pleasant, comfortable surroundings. General office conditions prevail.
4. Work is subject to frequent interruptions making continuity and accuracy difficult.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.