|View All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|||||Careers Home|
The technical writer designs, develops and delivers the following items for our products
• Documentation – Online Help, User Guides, Quick Start Manuals, Reference Guides, and any other items in the Documentation Library.
• Online collateral – Online courses, online tutorials, demos, and various other tools.
• Track upcoming releases to plan documentation requirements.
• Manage and deliver all product documentation deliverables end-to-end.
• Write to the standards of the SumTotal style guide.
• Interact with Product Management, Professional Services and Support teams on documentation requirements, as well as product and sales strategy.
Exceptional communication skills
• Able to learn new technology quickly and thoroughly
• Equally able to work as a team member or tackle a complex project individually.
• Goal-oriented attitude and demeanor to work through roadblocks, motivate external concerns and bring about resolution.
• Excellent focus on customers and results
• Technical writing experience
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects
• Ability to complete challenging projects and to meet deadlines
• Instructional design experience a plus
• Knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Familiarity with one or more of the following tools: Author-it, Flare, Flash, Photoshop
• Ability to train others on processes or on the product
• Bachelor’s degree+
• 2+ years of experience in technical or business writing.