OMICRON is a leading manufacturer of primary and secondary test equipment for electric power systems. The Area Sales Manager (North America) will be responsible for managing territorial sales and marketing of OMICRON products and services in selected states in the United States and/or provinces in Canada. This position may be located in Houston, TX or Waltham, MA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Manage area sales and marketing of OMICRON products and services in selected states and/or provinces.
• Actively participate in the selection, training, evaluation, and planning of OMICRON's Sales Representative Network's activities within the geographic area of responsibility.
• Participate in business development, market evaluation, sales forecasting and monitoring of customers and leads within the assigned area.
• Coordinate promotional activities including conferences, user meetings, seminars, local exhibitions & on-site demonstration and post-sale customer training and service of the products.
• Make recommendations and suggestions for new products, service markets and process improvements.
• Develop, maintain and improve relationships with key accounts within designated area.
• Summarize and report area sales status at Area Sales Managers meetings.
• Manage the prompt and correct quotation process with the Sales Support staff and Sales Representative.
• Evaluate Sales Representative's performance and manage accordingly to maximize sales revenue and market penetration within the area.
• Communicate routinely with other Area Sales Managers on competitive information, product issues, market trends and customer perception of OMICRON products and services.
• Maintain the corporate CRM database with new contact information and routine review of data to keep the information up to date and accurate.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Regional Sales Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of power generation, transmission and distribution systems and the various apparatus used within these systems
• Knowledge of testing methodologies and maintenance practices used to assure a continuous and reliable power system
• Excellent written, speech, presentation and negotiating skills required
• Ability to demonstrate products on-site with or without the assistance of applications engineers
• Ability to present products, technologies and test methodologies to technicians, engineers, supervisors, managers and executives via telephone, email, visits, exhibits or webinars
• Reputable business and work ethics and personal character
• Knowledge and understanding of the organization and business processes employed by electric power companies, government agencies, manufacturers and industrial consumers of bulk power in the North American market
• Goal and team oriented – willingness to work collectively with others to achieve corporate, regional and personal goals
• Ability to schedule and plan strategically or react quickly to a changing working sales environment
• A solid working knowledge of MS Office – especially Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint
• Able to travel domestically (up to 50%); international travel may be required.
• 5-8 years of experience in power systems, especially in the fields of power system protection and high voltage apparatus is required.
• At least 5 years of direct sales or sales partner management selling testing equipment, instrumentation or apparatus for the electric power industry is required.
• Participation in international, national, regional and local conferences, exhibits or seminars is required.
• Proven record of achieving targets for revenue and product sales is required.
• Established relationships with power utilities and related OEM's is preferred.
This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. OMICRON electronics Corp. USA reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
• Physical Demands: In general, the following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Must be able to see, hear, speak and write clearly in order to communicate with customers; manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of large objects more than 50 pounds; and operating office equipment; Frequent sitting, occasional bending and kneeling.
• Work Environment: In general, the following conditions of the work environment are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to allow differently-abled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job within the environment.
• The office is clean, orderly, properly lighted and ventilated. Noise levels are considered low to moderate.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color perception, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Hazards such as those encountered in electrical substation environments, such as the presence of high voltage, and other sources of electrical shock may be encountered. May be required to use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): hard hats, safety boots, ear protection, safety glasses, fall restraint, FR clothing.
• Bachelor's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering or certification of completion of a electronic or electrical technical education is required.
• Master's degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
OMICRON distinguishes itself by:
• Not just offering a position, but an opportunity for growth and development in an international multi-cultural company.
• Having fun while working as a part of a professional team.
• Encouraging personal initiative through flat hierarchies.
• Our extraordinary corporate culture and strong commitment to a healthy "work-life-balance."
• Offering an attractive benefit package.