*All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Day shifts available at Mid Gad Restaurant, must be able to ski or ride to mid-mountain location.
Under the direction of restaurant manager. Ensures an accurate accounting of all transactions, collections and disbursements while demonstrating commitment to guest satisfaction.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Reports to work on time in the proper uniform. Obeys all company rules and regulations.
2. Greets guests and employs suggestive selling techniques to enhance the guest experience and to increase company revenues.
3. Meets all guest needs during the course of the transaction in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest.
4. .Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis. Maintains good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property. Follows state policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
5. Obtains bank and is responsible for all financial transactions occurring within the operations.
6. Maintains line of communication between Restaurant Manager and Kitchen.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 0-6 months of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert
Skills & Knowledge
Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Must be able to learn menus, proficiency in handling large sums of money, and demonstrate ability to multi-task. i.e, ring several checks at once, serve several guests at once while maintaining interactions between other staff and guests.
Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Additionally requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and have a strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
• Shifts vary depending on business levels, but may include weekends and holidays.
• Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
• May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
• Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.