|All Jobs|||||Jobs By Location|||||Jobs By Category|
|Marketing Communications Manager - TLB|
AFL provides industry-leading products and services to the electric utility, broadband, communications, OEM, enterprise, wireless and transit rail markets as well as the emerging markets of oil and gas, mining, nuclear, avionics, medical, renewable and intelligent grid. The company's diverse product portfolio includes fiber optic cable, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectors, fusion splicers, test equipment and training. AFL's service portfolio includes market-leading positions with the foremost communications companies supporting both the central office and outside plant areas.
Founded in 1984, AFL is proud to offer engineering expertise, exceptional products and reliable service that help our customers improve their critical and electrical infrastructure. AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Europe and Asia. The company is headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan. For more information, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
The Marketing Communications Manager will report to the General Manager of the Light Brigade and may be assigned to different projects as business needs dictate. The position is located in TUKWILA, WA.
The Manager of Marketing Communications is an ambitious and driven strategic thinking individual responsible for leading and directing the Marketing Communications efforts at The Light Brigade. The Manager of Marketing Communications will lead the process of planning, developing, and executing the company's marketing strategies, marketing communications (internal and external), public relations, branding, web presence (internal and external), advertising, trade shows, print media, eMarketing, product marketing and new product launches, community, and special events and projects. This position is also responsible for researching, writing, and editing articles, press and product releases and all marketing content, electronic and print, before release.
• Responsible for creating, implementing, and measuring the success of a comprehensive Marketing Communications program that will enhance the company's image and position within the market place and the general public, and drive positive business outcomes.
• Provide leadership and strategic direction for the Marketing Communications department; mentor team members as required.
• Oversee all public relations activities; including press releases, media and analysts relations, and press contact database.
• Establish the company brand under the directive of The Light Brigade management; ensure articulation of company's desired image and position; consistent communication of image and position throughout the market; and communication of image and position to all functional areas, both internal and external.
• Responsible for editorial direction, design, production, and distribution of company communications and company literature; direct the appearance of all company print and electronic materials such as brochures, product catalogs, product profiles, letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Provide operational support of the printing services, trade show programs, and events functions ensuring they are providing strategic and cost-effective support to The Light Brigade.
• Conducts relevant research and competitive analysis; monitor trends with Standards.
• Lead projects as determined necessary, such as cause-related marketing and special events.
• Develop short and long-term plans and budgets for the Marketing Communications department, monitor progress, and evaluate performance.
• Recommend short and long term organization goals and objectives.
• Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures necessary for the smooth operation of the Marketing Communications department.
• Establish and maintain credible, trusted relationships with industry leaders, sales, product managers, and other stakeholders; drive cross functional alignment; be a solid team builder and team player with high personal integrity; work successfully to produce deliverables.
• Research and analyze the external environment to understand market dynamics, trends, size, segmentation, applicable and emerging technologies, and the competitive landscape.
• Must successfully complete pre-employment assessments, background & reference checks
Competencies for Success: