Restaurant Assistant Manager – Victoria, B.C.
Our Assistant Managers not only have an appetite for bottomless fun & compassion for our crazy loyal guests, they manage day to day operations of the restaurant. As a part of the leadership team, they are an ambassador of Company & Brand Equity Standards to ensure the loyalty of our guests and profit maximization. Our Assistant Managers are role models to Team Members and contribute to their ongoing development. They are master resolvers with guest interactions, driven to optimize profits, and ensure product quality and restaurant cleanliness.
At Red Robin, we believe the responsibilities of the AM should also represent our BURGER values:
- Be the Maestro of restaurant operations (primarily Front of House while supporting Heart of House) including scheduling, planning, forecasting, and driving sales while being a champion of culture & bottomless fun.
- Have a cheerful spirit while also influencing and adhering to all company standards and policies including the code of conduct, attendance, uniform and appearance policy.
- Be the delegator of duties and follow up on tasks while remaining accountable overall for the restaurant and Team Members to make sure our guests continue to love coming to Red Robin.
- Do the right thing, even when it’s tough or no one is looking: adhere to federal, provincial and local laws in addition to company policy, protect company assets, and hold Team Members accountable to these standards.
- Ensure adherence to company cash handling and payment processing procedures.
- Emphasize safety, sanitation and security awareness, and ensure that Team Members are properly trained to create safe situations.
- Ensure company standards on equipment, facility, and grounds are maintained by using a preventative maintenance program.
- Maintain our gold standard following the best practices of the company and brand equity standards to ensure guest satisfaction and profit maximization.
Relentless Focus on Improvement
- Prepare and conduct performance appraisals with Team Members and provide any coaching in line with company standards.
- Since we are always striving to be better, prepare reports and analyze metrics to identify opportunities and act promptly to correct.
- Regularly measure and evaluate service standards by using various feedback tools to develop and implement plans for continuous service improvement.
- Provide support in ensuring the optimization of profit by utilizing labor efficiently and ordering food and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory, portion correctly, minimize waste etc.
Genuine Spirit of Service
- Unbridled hospitality and personal connections are in our DNA – build year over year sales by promoting the restaurant locally and ensure guest satisfaction with prompt problem resolution.
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local restaurant marketing programs including off premise catering and sales.
- We believe in a total team mentality, expect to spend limited time performing hourly FOH/ HOH functions including food preparation, cooking, cleaning, serving and greeting our crazy loyal Guests.
- Remarkable people make us better: The Restaurant Management Team is responsible for the selection, on-boarding and retention of all Shift Supervisors & Team Members through motivation, recognition, coaching and development.
- The AM will be the master motivator and mentor to approximately 75-100 Team Members.
- Honor our Team Members by setting performance expectations and monitor training process to ensure quality of training.
- Require operational excellence, recognize legendary acts of leadership, and develop management staff in all areas of restaurant leadership and Company standards.
- Be a great mentor by devoting time to train, coach and develop team members by adapting to individual styles and motivational needs.
Recognized Burger Authority
- Maintain food quality standards for the restaurant – because nobody does burgers as well as we do.
- Make sure we are the gold standard in taste, quality, and presentation by complying with OHSA, local health and safety codes as well as Company safety and security policies.
- Ensure that Team Members avoid cross contamination, improper food handling and/or storage practices, etc., through proper training and supervision.
- Complete diligent line checks ensuring that we uphold the cleanliness standards of the restaurants and pass Health Department audits with exceptional ratings. Partner with management team on training FOH and HOH staff on proper sanitization guidelines.
Be better for being here as a Red Robin Manager and enjoy:
Flexible work schedules
Comprehensive 8-week training program
Participation in a management incentive plan
Health, vision, and dental insurance plan for you and your family
Referral bonuses for bringing new members to our team
Fantastic growth opportunities as we look towards Brand expansion in the future
Red Robin is proud to be locally owned and operated.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity Employer