Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO, The POS Configuration Specialist is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and configuring the NCR Point-of-Sale (POS) System to align with business and operational execution goals while maintaining appropriate integration to technical backend systems and future technologies. Provides recommendations to the general business on how POS should be configured. Stays current with system information, changes, updates and maintains the product roadmap based on NCR software releases and enhancements. Other core system responsibilities include menu updates and system maintenance of Aloha Takeout, Olo, KDS, Online Ordering, and 3rd party delivery systems such as DoorDash, Amazon, GrubHub, etc. This role works closely with cross-functional Teams to ensure seamless restaurant execution and great Guest experiences.
• Configures the POS for the latest menu changes, company promotions, and initiatives.
• Enhances and improves POS functionality in all areas such as menu layout, modifiers, job codes and general CFC structure. Gathers requirements and prioritizes enhancement requests and specifications.
• Uses professional insight and judgement to assess the impact of POS configuration decisions/actions on end-user and other technical systems.
• Maintains a POS change control meeting with system stakeholders and logs all POS system changes.
• Maintains knowledge of the data flow and impact to partnering systems and cross-functional departments, including how POS changes impact other systems such as Olo, KDS, NBO, Ziosk, Sales Reports, and Red Robin Royalty.
• Supports new concept innovations by architecting POS design to align with changing business needs.
• Must execute the Agile process which includes: maintaining Product Backlog, attending backlog grooming sessions and daily standups.
• Participate in new idea generation process.
• Identifies, researches, diagnoses production implementation problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, and content.
• Works cross-functionally and collaboratively across the organization to ensure needs are being met with POS requests. Works to develop and execute detailed project plans within scope and established timelines.
• Implements communication plan for enhancements, upgrades, and changes to all interested and pertinent parties within the business.
• Interfaces with the business to scope, develop, and implement configuration updates across multiple systems & concepts. Stays current on upcoming initiatives and promotions by attending necessary meetings with stakeholders.
• Adheres to PCI standards and maintains knowledge around latest releases, and security protocols as it pertains to the POS environment.
• Provides help desk support and knowledge base article documentation and runbook for POS system
• Provides ongoing restaurant level support and tracks systemic trends to proactively identify potential issues.
• Executes ITIL change control procedures and conducts QA on all POS changes prior to production.
• Maintains lab environment for both development and production POS systems.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor Degree in IT; Business or related work experience
• 3-4 years of restaurant operations and use of POS system
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines
• Must be able to follow through on commitments with minimal oversight
• Ability to analyze and document complex technical processes.
• Ability to work well under pressure and daily deadlines
• Self-starter with the ability to work on several projects concurrently
• Must be able to communicate ideas (both written and verbal) and make recommendations to all levels within the department using tact, common courtesy, persuasion and discretion to achieve objectives
• Fluent in relevant Red Robin Kitchen/ Bar Operational tools (Aloha CFC and Menu Configurator & NBO)
• Able to implement QA processes to ensure quality and accuracy
• Superior proof reading skills to ensure product quality and accuracy
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer