Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO, the ServiceNow Administrator will be the subject matter expert in the support of Red Robin’s ServiceNow platform. This role identifies, researches, diagnoses production problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in functions, outputs, and content.
The role works closely with Helpdesk and Development & Support Engineers, Vendors, other members of the IT department and internal business stakeholders, to ensure the proper functioning assigned technologies.
The role is a very collaborative one as it will require continuous interaction within the multiple areas within the IT department but also with internal and external stakeholders as it relates to configuration, testing, implementation and overall stakeholder satisfaction.
• Demonstrates requirements gathering and analysis, solution design, development task management, quality assurance and release management
• Demonstrates working knowledge of ServiceNow core architecture and especially modules such as Service Catalog, Incident/Change/Problem Management, Asset Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Project Portfolio Management, and Self-Service Portal
• Integrates ServiceNow with third-party tools
• Effectively analyze and solve problems
• Ability to work directly with internal (IT) and external clients
• Collaborate effectively to develop solutions and handle general updates and configuration changes/requests
• Identify system deficiencies and recommend solutions
• Ensure the latest release of ServiceNow application is implemented in a timely manner with minimal or no disruption
• Ensure appropriate tools and processes are in place to have a development/test/production environment that is reliable and reproducible
• Work closely with IT Support desk to ensure appropriate project documentation is available in the Transition book for each new initiative or enhancement release
• Create and update knowledge base articles and CMDB to reflect accurate information related to system functionality and troubleshooting
• In depth knowledge of ServiceNow to configure and recommend configuration changes to improve system stability and performance
• Assist with IT projects as needed
• Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
• Be able to work independently and in a team environment managing a range of situations involving business stakeholders, vendor partners and technical resources.
• Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Available for on-call and emergency response as needed.
• Identify and escalate business and technical opportunities as appropriate.
• Off hour work and overnight travel may be required.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism with business stakeholders, vendors and staff.
• Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of Red Robin
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• 3+ years working with the ServiceNow platform in an Admin/Developer and enterprise-wide, multi-tier ServiceNow production environment
• Hands-on experience integrating ServiceNow with external systems
• ServiceNow Certified Administrator
• Experience in ITIL a plus
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer