Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, the Staff Internal Auditor acts as an energetic and collaborative auditor that delivers high quality and efficient audit services that generate value for Red Robin and our internal clients. This person executes financial (SOX), operational, and technology audits that evaluate internal controls as well as compliance with policy, laws, and regulations.
- Support the performance of the annual Sarbanes Oxley evaluation.
- Execute detailed audit procedures, analyzing processes and controls; testing and documenting results; identifying improvement opportunities; documenting work papers; drafting report of findings and following up on implementation.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Develop recommendations and proposals for corrective action/improvement.
- Prepare audit reports, presentations, and case summaries for management based on the results of audit procedures and investigations performed.
- Execute continuous auditing procedures using various systems and data sources to identify areas of loss, inefficiency, and non-compliance at restaurants.
- Collaborate with Home Office and restaurant stakeholders to promptly address concerns and track investigations.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- 2 years experience in public accounting, internal audit outsourcing firm, corporate internal audit or corporate accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar required
- CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- Retail or restaurant industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of principles, procedures, and techniques of auditing, accounting, and business operations.
- Energetic and effective communicator able to work with department leaders and external auditors.
- Proven ability to draft clear and concise audit documentation, reports and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving, analytical, organizational, and project management skills.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation. Strong business and common sense.
- Willing to travel approximately 5-10%.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer