The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for achieving revenue goals and profitability of the catering segment through the development of sales strategies and tactics. They will lead a team of Catering Sales Associates and they have a positive measurable impact on year-over-year catering sales growth. They will provide leadership and guidance to ROD’s and Managers and to deliver results.
- Meets/exceeds annual sales targets through the development, advancement and closure of catering partnerships.
- Ensures high retention of existing accounts through post-campaign analysis.
- Develops sales training program, including curriculum and assessment of training needs for both new and existing sales and field Team Members.
- Assists the Director of Catering in setting the strategic vision for the catering sales department and owns the execution of key departmental projects.
- Ensure guest satisfaction and maintain guest relationships with consistent follow up on service and sales.
- Identifies and builds relationships with key prospects such as brand executives, managers and other professionals through cold calling, networking and referrals
- Partners with other functional teams to ensure client campaigns are successfully executed from start to finish
- Educates, trains and supports Catering Sales Associates to achieve annual sales targets for their assigned territories
- Works in collaboration with others to lead weekly, period end, quarter end and year-end sales team meetings with Catering Sales Associates.
- Develops catering client database and maintains relationships within assigned territories to achieve annual sales targets for both retention and new business
- Establishes annual catering sales target collaboratively with the team
- Builds partnerships with field operators to ensure the team has the support and guidance needed to deliver results
- Advises leadership on situational awareness of market revenue challenges
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred; or equivalent work experience 7+ years’ experience in catering sales preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in managing a sales team preferred
- Manages challenges that arise due to holistic transformation, including escalating issues appropriately
- Communicates concisely and appropriately at all levels including the C-Suite
- Proven ability to build relationships and gain credibility in areas beyond defined scope of work
- Demonstrated ability to work within an evolving and dynamic environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven expertise in implementing and managing projects across all levels of an organization
- Ability to gain consensus among disparate groups and cross-functional teams
- Entrepreneurial aptitude with a commitment to team members and high work quality
- Up to 30% travel
- Intermediate user of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Analytical/interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer