Based out of Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO The Director will lead the planning and execution of programs and projects inside the company's Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) within the Information Technology (IT) department. As a member of the IT leadership team, the Director will leverage strong leadership and communication skills to motivate and lead a team of program and project managers, scrum masters and quality assurance (QA) analysts in executing high quality, results-oriented project plans while maintaining a high degree of visibility to project status, risks and mitigations, and general portfolio performance against plans and budgets.
• Collaborate with leadership to prioritize programs and projects based on company objectives in a dynamic and fast-paced business environment. Manage changing functional needs, resource capacity constraints, risk exposure, and interdependencies.
• Define, implement and continuously improve the project management and QA methodologies, best practices and tool sets to streamline project processes and procedures and maximize operational effectiveness.
• Ensure all programs, projects, and work streams have a clear business case and are well defined, planned, and resourced to deliver per schedule of the overall program timeline. Drive a culture of urgency, on-time, on-budget and in-scope project delivery to achieve the desired business outcomes.
• Provide subject matter expertise and coaching in project management, agile, project planning, budgets and change management methodologies.
• Support business leaders during strategic business planning by gathering information required for business case development, creating project and resource plans, authoring requests for proposal, etc.
• Develop and maintain core key performance indicators, as well as supporting reports, dashboards, and executive summaries.
• Facilitate the development and maintenance of the IT roadmap.
• Provide guidance during project execution, maintain insight on project status, keep projects on track, collect key metrics and summarize the portfolio performance for leadership.
• Manage the project intake and prioritization process.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in business, information technology or related discipline, or equivalent preferred.
• 10+ years of program and project management experience.
• At least 3 years leading a project management office.
• Experience across multiple industries or functional business areas. Experience within Consulting, Restaurant, Hospitality, or Retail industries is strongly desired.
• PMP certification is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Deep business, technology, process, project and change management skills.
• Proven ability to lead high-performance teams and build strong and lasting partnerships.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Flexible with a high tolerance for uncertainty and ambiguity.
• Expert in group facilitation and strong work ethic.
• Experience with ServiceNow Project Portfolio Management Suite desired.
• Expert understanding of various project management methodologies (i.e. Agile and Waterfall) and associated tools or standards (i.e. PMI/PMBOK, Lean, Six Sigma).
• Working knowledge of quality assurance testing processes, best practices and standards.
• Business analysis capabilities including process analysis and optimization, system analysis, user story creation and business / technical requirements definition.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer