Based out of our Home Office and Test Kitchen (Yummm U) in Greenwood Village, CO the Director of Food and Beverage will be accountable for the identification, development and operationalization of Red Robin’s menu content. Will develop and provide leadership for the Culinary and Beverage teams. In addition to, overseeing the cross-functional process for new item approval and transitions to commercialization and supply chain.
• Responsible for overseeing and driving the overall menu strategy for Red Robin
• Works with Consumer Insights and vendor partners to identify consumer, flavor and menu trends.
• Uses trend data to develop menu (food & beverage) concepts fit for Red Robin for consumer/guest testing
• Refines menu innovation items per sensory and implementation feedback to both exceed guest expectations and meet operations requirements
• Works with balance of Marketing and cross-functional partners to place menu items on the annual calendar for permanent menu placement or LTO
• Reacts and adjusts food taste and quality to meet guest expectations
• Responsible for recipe development and the operationalization of food & beverage items to work within our current systems and processes
• Works closely with the Ops Excellence team to identify ways to simplify and optimize current and new menu items
• Develops both the functional and leadership skills of the Food & Beverage Innovation teams and the Operationalization Team
• Franchise Support
• Works with suppliers and Consumer Insights to maintain and improve products that enhance Red Robin products
• Monitors potential threats to food supply
• Minimum 10+ years experience in retail/foodservice or similar environment.
• BS degree with background in Culinary Arts, or similar.
• Ability to successfully manage and develop the food & beverage team
• Ability to successfully manage and develop the operationalization team:
• Ability to travel, up to 40%.
• Be able to use industry resources to seek knowledge and solve problems.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer