Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, the Compute and Storage Engineer is responsible to implement, install, configure and maintain organization’s network operations hardware, operations applications, and infrastructure. Builds and maintains server environment for Active Directory, SQL Server, Exchange, and other application servers. Design, implement and support for server, desktop operating systems and associated storage infrastructure. Design, implement and support for virtual and physical servers and appliances. Troubleshoots infrastructure performance issues and delivers on the disaster recovery and business continuity plans. Recommend upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment and services. Provide technical help and guidance to the Red Robin IT team. Work collaboratively with external and internal IT teams.
The Compute and Storage Engineer has frequent and significant contact with the Enterprise and Network Architect and IT Operations Manager, other IT operations team members as well as the Technology and Platform Director.
- Manage and support cloud based operations applications
- Create and administer advertisements, programs, collections, virtual applications, reports and queries in System Center Configuration Manager
- Serve as the point of escalation issues related to SCCM system/client
- Perform daily SCCM infrastructure and client health monitoring and repair issues
- Manage and support VMWare ESX environment
- Manage and support monitoring and compliance applications. This will include monitoring for access, performance, uptime, and compliance requirements.
- Provide support for application integration, deployment and hardware interfaces.
- Manage and support for application servers and appliances. This will include onsite and remote environments.
- Manage and support storage arrays and infrastructures
- Configure and maintain organization Active Directory permissions, authentication, and structure.
- Be proactive in researching and gaining understanding of new technology and its potential within RRGB; continue to evaluate network design to ensure flexibility and reliability.
- Maintain plans for disaster recovery and business continuity
- Contribute to and maintain IT system standards
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up
- Provide analysis, administration and support of SCCM infrastructure.
- Prepare technical performance and utilization reports as required
- Provide support, investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Deliver performance reporting to support capacity planning and IT Support Scorecard
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Responds to all incidents, alerts and failures and takes the necessary action to resolve and achieve SLA
- Ensures systems are in compliance with all IT controls and interpretations of the IT Information Security Director including, but not limited to, SOX, PCI, HIPAA
- Collaborates with other IT teams and other departments to identify ways to increase support response and infrastructure uptime
- Assist in development of procedures and documentation for managing, deploying, and implementing multiple baseline/hardware images and software packages
- Create, update and Maintain IT knowledgebase
- Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
- Degree in Computer Science or related Field preferred
- 3-5 Years Experience in IT support role required
- 3-5 Years Experience Supporting Business facing applications required
- 2 Years Experience Microsoft Active Directory and Windows servers deployment in an enterprise network organization preferred
- 2 Years Microsoft Active Directory and Windows servers deployment in an enterprise network organization preferred
- Certifications in supported technologies preferred
- ITIL Foundations Certification required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Written and verbal communication required
- Analytical thinking required
- Leadership and people management required
- Network and/or Operations certifications desired (CCNP, MCSE, etc.)
- Network protocols TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, LDAP, DNS desired
- Planning, coordination and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows required
- Knowledge of storage configurations (SAN, NAS, DAS, Cloud) preferred
- Understanding of SAN technologies (FC, FCOE, iSCSI, NFS, Determining LUN sizes/layout based on IOPS requirements)
- Technical certifications (MCSE) and Operating systems experience (LINUX/UNIX) preferred
- Experience supporting Active Director preferred
- Familiarity with desktop technology platforms required
- Experience with Windows (Server, Active Directory, MS Exchange, clustering)
- Advanced skills in leadership, communication, influence and conflict resolution desired
- Excellent customer service skills required
- Excellent organization required
- Ability to work within a team required
- Excellent problem-solving required
- Excellent communication (verbal and written Skills) required