Based at our test kitchen YummmU, the test kitchen lead will Support and ensure that the facility operates within Red Robin’s guidelines, while maintaining the Test Kitchen in working order to meet the needs of the teams that utilize it. They are responsible for supporting Culinary, Commercialization, Food Operations, Beverage, and other cross-functional teams. They will support facility and kitchen, maintenance, food inventory management, food preparation, regular cleaning schedule, meeting room set up and support, janitorial liaison, and other building/facility upkeep.
- Effectively and efficiently manage the Test Kitchen by following the best practices in food handling, food safely, inventory management techniques, and other duties as required to maintain the work environment
- Manage day to day kitchen support, Team Member support, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Manage and order food and supplies at the Test Kitchen to maintain appropriate inventory, portion correctly, minimize waste etc.
- Set up the Test Kitchen line, equipment, and ancillary equipment for daily use based on needs as directed by the supervisor.
- Oversee and execute food preparation for all showings, work sessions, special events
- Maintain storeroom, walk in and freezer products, order and determine donations
- Oversee and facilitate room set ups for events, showings, classrooms
- Interact with cross-functional teams to anticipate needs, suggest resolutions, and support upcoming work
- Support Commercialization, Food Operations, and Beverage teams as required
- Manage kitchen equipment cleaning and maintenance including regular inspections of cooking equipment, hoods, etc by outside vendors
- Constant pursuit of improvement and efficiency of the Test Kitchen for self and those who use it
- Maintain the facility in a state of readiness for health inspection
- Immediately communicate and oversee resolution of equipment problems, practice good preventative maintenance on facility assets
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, local health and safety codes as well as Company safety and security policies. Emphasize safety, sanitation and security awareness
- Adhere to Federal, State and local laws in addition to Company policy (regulate compliance with work authorization/ break requirements
- Back-up of DMO position, as needed, during time of vacation or other days to meet business needs.
- Physical Effort
- Lifting- up to 10lbs frequently, up to 50lbs occasionally, up to 100lbs infrequently. Lifting overhead frequently.
- Exposed to cleaning chemicals.
- Color and depth perception required for vision. Needs both near and far vision.
- Twists and reaches occasionally. Grasps objects to move or manipulate them frequently.
- Stands and walks constantly.
- Listen to and comprehends instructions from coworkers over background restaurant and equipment noise constantly.
- Frequent hand washing required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Minimum of 2 years HOH restaurant experience required to include active prep work, inventory management, and facility upkeep including working with outside vendors
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- ServSafe Certified or will acquire within 6 months of hire date
- One year supervisory experience in a kitchen setting
- Inventory/ordering experience required
- Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and guest satisfaction
- Highly-Energetic, self-motivated, goal oriented and dependable
- Good oral and written communication skills, and outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Regular usage of Outlook including calendar
- Basic Excel knowledge and use
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights and rare weekends. Be willing to work a minimum of 40 hours per week. Reliable transportation required