Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, the IT Quality Assurance Analyst organizes, manages and executes quality assurance activities to assure that IT systems and applications meet the business requirements and are within quality management limits and standards.
- Review documentation and collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that requirements are complete, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Author test plans, write test cases, oversee test strategies and perform testing for assigned applications and projects.
- Validate functional requirements and generate a requirements traceability matrix to ensure complete test coverage.
- Design, execute and maintain manual test cases and test scenarios using the available test management tool.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automated functional, regression, load and stability tests using available tools.
- Identify defects, document and manage to closure through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Conduct peer reviews with users and developers for completeness of unit, system and user acceptance testing.
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts, to identify trends and develop mitigation strategies.
- Support root cause analysis of identified issues and defects.
- Identify, streamline and improve QA and SDLC processes. Assist in the creation of departmental quality standards, policies, procedures, templates and reference library.
- Assist in developing documentation and training examples for system changes or upgrades.
- Maintain effective communication with stakeholders and report test progress and quality status throughout the quality assurance lifecycle.
- Own and develop relationship with stakeholders, working with them to optimize and enhance our quality assurance capabilities.
- Develop required testing documentation in support of change control process.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- 2-3 years of experience creating, managing and implementing test plans is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience developing automated tests for web-based systems is a plus.
- Possess functional testing skills and knowledge of various testing methodologies, tools and best practices.
- Experience in custom development, third-party software implementations and/or service oriented architecture and the software development lifecycle.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Experience using quality assurance tools, SmartBear preferred.
- Experience writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases.
- Customer-focused attitude, with excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to interact with developers, analysts, project managers and business users.
- Experience executing and maintaining automated functional, non-functional and regression tests preferred.
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus.
- Working knowledge of SQL is a plus.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Testing experience with NCR Aloha POS, NCR Back Office, Workday, Salesforce, and other web based applications preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-started with the ability to work independently or with a team as required, producing required results without close supervision.
- Analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to master new applications and technologies quickly.
- Ability to perform logical test scenario planning.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Ability to multitask and define units of work that can be effectively tracked and measured.
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Quick learner.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer