Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, The Tax Manager is primarily responsible for managing the income tax process. This will include involvement in strategic planning related to business transactions and activities, tax law changes, cash management and corporate budgeting; Tax provisions for financial reporting on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis in accordance with ASC 740 in a SOX environment; Tax compliance for Federal, state, local and international (Canada) tax jurisdictions; Audits and appeals for all tax types.
• Manage the preparation and review of Federal, State and Canadian income tax returns
• Prepare / Review ASC 740 tax provisions and related disclosures
• Analyze variance activity for monthly internal reporting
• Review quarterly estimated tax calculations and payment of all taxes
• Review / Understand all book accounting treatment related to book tax differences
• Review reconciliation and analysis of tax return to tax provision and the related true-up
• Manage income tax audits by gathering requested data, conducting thorough analysis of data and tax laws and resolving open issues
• Develop process improvement initiatives for compliance and monthly accounting
• Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings or audits
• Research and timely respond to tax notices
• Perform tax research and planning, including monitoring tax law changes and alerting management to developments which have a significant impact to the company
• Maintain technical knowledge of income tax through internal and external resources
• Minimize tax liability through sound and informed application of laws and regulations
• Support strategic tax planning and forecasting
• Manage SOX control process and financial statement audits related to tax
• Supervise, train and develop staff
• Perform ad hoc projects as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA and Masters in Tax preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years combined tax experience in public accounting and industry.
• Preference towards industry experience with consumer-based, multi-site operations such as food & beverage (restaurant), retail, hospitality, or other consumer-based businesses.
• Experience with public companies required and prior exposure to income tax provision, SOX and other areas specific to public companies.
• Must have excellent theoretical understanding and practical application skills of accounting
• Must have excellent research skills and experience using CCH, BNA or other research software
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to interpret and apply technical tax and financial reporting requirements.
• Proficient in tax compliance and research software and tools
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
• Strong leadership, change management and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and within the company culture.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and who will be effective in a positive, productive manner
• Organized and can manage competing deadlines and due dates
• Capable of sorting through activities so as to focus upon those with the biggest impact. Prioritizes well
• Strong attention to detail with consistent accuracy
• Desire to learn multiple tax areas
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer