Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the Security Operations Associate Protects computer assets by establishing and enforcing system access controls; identifying, monitoring and remediating threats to reduce the exploitation of vulnerabilities through IT systems.
• Monitor system controls to support the NIST CyberSecurity framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
• Maintain network and application access by providing information, resources, and technical support for systems. Systems may include vulnerability scanning and remediation, malware detection and remediation, etc.
• Monitor and audit systems and data logs to identify potential threats to the networks and systems. Maintain and monitor relationships with third party service providers for SOC services
• Install, operate, and maintain security software solutions implemented to drive security and compliance initiatives. This may include vulnerability scans, identity and access systems, or other source systems.
• Monitor and respond to various security alerts that track malware problems from users. This may include vulnerability scans, AV information, configuration management, or other source systems.
• Ensure authorized access by auditing and reviewing improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests; recommending process and system improvements.
• Monitor computer and POS terminal physical security by executing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinating with facilities security; recommending improvements.
• Safeguard computer files by performing regular access reviews; developing procedures for disaster preparedness; recommending improvements.
• Work with data center, networking, desktop support, and solution engineering teams to recommend configuration and maintenance of network, systems, and information security equipment.
• Document changes to systems and networks that impact security.
• Enhance security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
• Provide technical documentation and organizational communication for security related initiatives, programs, and inicidents.
• Communicate clearly the purpose, use and objectives of security initiatives, programs and initiatives to both technical and end user audiences.
• Provide input and direction for implementation of physical security controls for office and data center locations.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Accomplishe information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• 0-3 years in IT Security
• 2-3 IT Operations, or other relevant job experience required
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or equivalent required
• Basic familiarity and knowledge of security administration best practices.
• Awareness of data security including encryption, intrusion detection, firewalls, virus protection, etc.
• Understand the issues involved with managing, administering and maintaining institutional technology infrastructure, including network connectivity, Internet access, wireless access, email, etc.
• Good communication skills, both orally and in writing, using the English language.
• Must have excellent customer skills.
• Ability to gather information from other IT staff and non-IT staff to obtain information regarding potentially related problems to security risk.
• Ability to use office equipment, computers, and network diagnostic tools.
• Ability to competently advise and/or serve staff from a variety of backgrounds, respecting cultural and socio-economic differences.
• Ability to work cooperatively with and contribute to a diverse workplace through ideas or experience.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer