Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the Restaurant Systems Development & Support Engineer works under the direction of the team’s Business Relationship Director. The role acts as a subject matter expert in the development, configuration, support, and deployment of new initiatives and existing products/systems. The role will oversee and execute enhancements, upgrades, updates, and patches (if applicable) for both Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Red Robin Express. The role works closely with Business Solution Architects, Project Managers, Vendors, other members of the IT department and internal business stakeholders, to ensure the new implementations and/or enhancements are completed successfully and on time. The Restaurant Development & Support Engineer must communicate specifications and requirements to all involved with the development of a product/system to ensure understanding of expectations as defined by engineering specifications.
• Act as subject matter expert during the deployment of new and existing initiatives/systems. Including enhancements, upgrades, updates, and patches if applicable.
• Assist with writing test cases for Quality Assurance
• Identifies, researches, diagnoses development/production implementation problems such as defects, questionable functions, errors, and inconsistencies in systems functions, outputs, and content.
• Works closely with IT Helpdesk and Applications Support to ensure appropriate project documentation is available in the Transition/Run book for each new initiative or enhancement release. This also applies for changed/modified functionality on a new product or service.
• May act in a lead and subject matter expert role when working with other Restaurant Systems Engineers
• Ensures that appropriate quality steps and approvals through RR change control board are adhered to prior to software or configuration promotions
• Coordinates with appropriate Red Robin personal to evaluate system capabilities and translate operational requirements into system configuration development
• Collects all above store system information required for configuring/developing
• Possesses an in depth knowledge of all Restaurant Technology and recommends configuration changes/modifications to meet business requirements. In addition, considers continuous improvement opportunities
• Executes configuration and development of Restaurant Technology and considers downstream impact to other systems, integrations, data flow, and overall impact to the business
• Considers and evaluates the configuration interoperability between new proposed solutions vs. existing solutions in use at Red Robin for the most effective and efficient development, configuration, and implementation.
• Collaborate with the, Business Relationship Director, Business Solution Architect, Project Manager and other members of the IT department.
• Coordinates and performs in depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new system application.
• Continuous education and market knowledge development to understand new trends within existing solutions as well as new initiatives as it relates to existing systems.
• Approaches projects and stakeholders in an empathetic manner to understand the needs and the best approach of how to accomplish the intended results in a collaborative way. Fosters communication among all involved with the product/system being developed.
• Provides hands-on installation and support for deployed solutions in accordance to the Transition/Run book requirements. Always willing to work remotely, by phone or email.
• Point of technical escalation for Project Managers and other IT Resources during product/system testing and deployment.
• Point of technical escalation for Level 1(help desk) and Level 2 (app support) and acts as Level 3 support to solve ongoing problems.
• Adhere to organizational ITIL and ITSM standards
• Support the Business Solution Architect’s design/architect and facilitates final technical review and approval of development
• Knowledge of Radiant product suite including Aloha and MenuLink is preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (preferred)
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Knowledge of MS SQL data structures is required
• 3 – 6 years of experience in providing support for business applications
• 3 – 6 years of demonstrated proficiency with relational database applications
• 3 – 6 years of demonstrated proficiency working with troubleshooting and support of end users.
• Integration Skillsets such as Apache Camel
• Strong understanding of application programming interfaces
• Radiant MenuLink Back Office Suite
• Aloha POS
• MS SQL 2003, 2005
• 3rd party tools/utilities
• Current system/hardware configurations
• Direct and remote consoles
• Experience in ITIL a plus
• The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer’s technical business problem.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good interpersonal communication skills to work with the business on requirements
• Good analytical and troubleshooting skills as it relates to the interoperability of new and existing solutions
• Basic PC and Windows experience
• Inherent curiosity to troubleshoot effectively
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer