Based out of our Home Office in Greenwood Village, CO the Prodcut Manager - Table Top Technologies position is responsible for the product lifecycle of Table Top Technologies. Their primary focus will be managing the product development activities required for new functionalities, releases, maintenance and support. They will maintain the product roadmap/backlog, generate product requirements, partner with various stakeholders to ensure needs are being met, and assist idea generation on how to best utilize Table Top Technologies. This position will work a cross-functional team to design, build and rollout functionalities that support the company’s vision and strategy. This role will act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding to the business.
• Strong understanding of customer experience, stakeholders needs and product capabilities
• Executes system configuration, maintenance, testing, software updates, and troubleshooting of the product.
• Strategically plans and develops configuration that is scalable and sustainable for the business.
• Bridges the gap between different business functions, most notably between the engineering-oriented teams, marketing, and operations.
• Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
• Responsible for all phases of product lifecycle from strategy>releases>ideation>features>deployment readiness
• Translates product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes
• Owns the creative process to generate new ideas to leverage the Table Top Device. This role will collect, curate, and promote the most relevant ideas into features.
• Feedback and requests are seamlessly integrated into product planning and development processes.
• Scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
• Must keep an eye on the competitive landscape and think of new innovative ways to leverage the technology
• Works closely with vendor to ensure product is supported, maintained, and roadmap items come to life.
• Maintains a deep understanding of industry best practices in product development processes
• Builds and develops product capabilities while interfacing with various stakeholders to determine feasibility of functional capabilities to meet customer expectations and needs
• Investigates new approaches for product build based on examining new emerging technologies in the market
• Anticipates external and internal obstacles to product delivery or profitability and ensures that cross-functional teams are aware
• Reviews, analyzes, and provides recommendations on system configuration and development requests. Always considers downstream impacts to other technical systems, data flow and overall impact to the business.
• Provide leadership and develops best practices as it pertains to maintaining the system to ensure consistent results.
• Develop & maintain enhancement roadmap base on business requests.
• Proactively monitors system performance and determines whether modifications are needed and/or required.
• Considers all impacts to other Red Robin entities such as Red Robin Express, Canada, and Franchisees.
• Provides technical expertise and leads design efforts for system development requests. Works closely with partners both inside the IT department and across the business to ensure development will both meet the needs of the business and maintain data integrity.
• Communicates complex technical issues/requests to non-technical audiences
• Plans, organizes, coordinates, and communicates necessary system changes/updates before deploying into the Production environment.
• Follows internal Change Control process. Works with QA to test changes to the system. Maintaining audit / change logs of database and functionality changes
• Works closely with IT Helpdesk, Applications Support, and Support and Development Engineers to ensure appropriate documentation for applicable enhancement releases and/or system changes. This includes updating appropriate Knowledge Base Articles.
• Ensures compliance with all IT security controls including but not limited to SOX, PCI-DSS rules and regulations.
• Bachelor Degree in IT / Business or related work experience – desired
• Background in Food & Beverage industry - desired
• Strong organizational skills – required
• Experience supporting business facing applications preferred
• Able to convert business requests in to functional, accurately deployed solutions – required
• Must be able to communicate effectively across multiple departments – required
• Able to manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines – required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Displays strong attention to detail. Demonstrates effective planning and organization skills to meet the needs of the business
• Responds with a sense of urgency and quickly adjusts to shifting priorities
• Highly motivated, self-starter, completes tasks with minimal direction
• Analytical thinking required
• Ability to work within a Team is a must
• Planning, coordination and follow-up skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment required
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Excellent organization required
• Excellent problem-solving required
• Excellent communication (verbal and written Skills) required
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer