Based out of our Greenwood Village Home Office you will be primarily responsible for developing and maintaining corporate data integration systems. The Data and Integrations Engineer will work closely with the BI Solutions Architect and business stakeholders in supporting and maintaining existing organizational data assets and BI systems. In addition, they will be responsible for any future Data Assets and Integrations needs for enhancements and new initiatives, to meet future business requirements and needs.
Includes developing, testing, monitoring, managing and validating BI and application activity. The function includes and is not limited to data extraction, transformation, moving, loading, cleansing data, updating processes, and creating SaaS integrations. The Data and Integrations Engineer is accountable for the following:
• Develop, manage, schedule and document Data Assets operations and tasks, including extraction, movement, loading, archival, security, backup and aggregate table creation.
• Maintain and guide the technical ETL architecture, standards and infrastructure of the technologies and tools used in the BI program.
• Provide thought leadership with regards to creative data profiling and integration recommendations.
• Directing, testing, and participating in regression testing as it relates to the data and application environments.
• Provide consulting and conduct reviews through the development lifecycle.
• Troubleshoot Production issues, identify root cause and migrate fixes. Develop reporting standards and best practices to ensure data standardization and consistency. Perform data cleansing and data auditing as necessary to ensure data quality. Define and develop physical and logical data models to support departmental and functional reporting needs.
• Supporting the ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse or other solutions deemed appropriate for our organization.
• Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
• Apply rigor and compliance to the Incident, Problem, and Service Request processes in accordance to our ITIL service standards.
• Support IT or other special projects as assigned.
• Database development including stored procedures, functions, triggers, and views.
• 5 - 10 years of working with databases preferable SQL Server.
• Knowledge of the SQL Server Business Intelligence stack including SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, and PowerBI.
• Data & BI Technology: Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, MDM, ESB,
• Languages: SQL, HTML, C#, .NET, R, Python, XML
• Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent communications skills at both the IT and business levels.
• Data warehousing & business intelligence
• Data stewardship & governance
• Critical thinking & problem solving
• Excellent oral & written communications
• Technical & business analysis
• Implementation of solutions applying development life cycles (SDLC/Agile)
• Other Applications: ERP’s (Oracle/SAP/MS), EPM (Oracle/Hyperion, SAP BPC, IBM Cognos), Cloud Services (Anaplan, Host Analytics, Oracle, SAP, Salesforce.com, Aloha Enterprise, Apache Camel)
• Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL Server
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
• 5+ years of experience in SSIS.
• 5+ years in T-SQL development.
• Strong knowledge of how databases and ETL software function including when to use which platform.
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer