The Student R&D Intern, is expected to assist in food product evaluations, chemical and physical food laboratory testing, nutritional analysis and database entry, product sensory assistance, has expertise in culinary arts and baseline knowledge of food science. The focus for the Student Intern is to assist on projects pertaining to food quality, shelf-life, organoleptics, nutritionals, specification compliance, and food safety. Specific areas include: food and beverage product evaluations and analysis; data collection and reporting; supplier information organization. Work is on-site at Yummm University (Centennial, CO) and Red Robin International, Inc. Home Office (Greenwood Village, CO).
- Assist with product preparation, data collection, food and beverage organoleptic evaluations, shelf-life studies, and evaluation reports for time sensitive projects
- Assist with nutritional projects using ESHA Genesis and by performing food analyses
- Measure food and beverage products to determine compliance to product specification
- Assist in clean-up of evaluations; preparing, labeling, and storing of samples
- Depending on the needs of the R&D department, may complete other duties as assigned, in order to advance a particular project or resolve a business issue
May be enrolled in college and may receive credit toward graduation for hours worked. If enrolled in college, Senior or Graduate Students are preferred.
Food Science or Nutrition, Culinary Nutrition, or Culinary Research coursework preferred
Interest in a career in food science, food quality assurance, culinary research, or culinary nutrition
Working knowledge of food laboratory equipment such as pH meter, water activity meter, microscope, incubator, Brookfield viscometer, Bostwick viscometer, scales, and moisture oven, etc.
Ability to be a diligent and dependable with an upbeat attitude
Ability to take direction and work independently, as needed
Strong record keeping, communication, and writing and computer skills
Working knowledge of ESHA Genesis and Microsoft Office
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer