Based at our Greenwood Village Home Office, the Data Warehouse Developer (DWD) at Red Robin will focus on the creation of accurate, consistent and transparent enterprise data. The DWD is responsible for the architecture, design, development, and data quality of the data warehouse environment (data hub, ODS, enterprise data warehouse, data marts, ETL, and cubes). Their solutions must deliver high value business information with a low cost of ownership. The DWD will support enterprise data management in choosing the right processes, technologies, and resources for enterprise data. These responsibilities apply to data models, data integrations, and data quality as set forth by the IT governance organization. The ideal candidate for this position will have a very strong SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 Business Intelligence background, deep analytical skills, and experience working with end users. Integration Services (SSIS) knowledge is required. The ability to do ad-hoc SQL to research data questions, identify root causes, and interact closely with peers and the business data analysts is essential. This role will work closely with the Business Relationship Directors, the Business Intelligence Solutions Architect, and will report to the Data Assets Manager.
Essential functions for this role include testing, monitoring, managing and validating the Data Warehouse, including the data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes. The Data Warehouse Developer is accountable for the following:
- Create logical and physical data model designs (including 3NF and dimensional models) supporting the business needs.
- Work hands on with the new OLAP solution.
- Design and implement data solutions including data partitioning, data normalizing/de-normalizing, data aggregations, and ETL to support the data warehouse environment.
- Maintain and guide the technical architecture, standards and infrastructure of the technologies and tools used in the Data Warehouse program.
- Provide an EDW foundation that will allow for a forward thinking analytical layer.
- Provide thought leadership with regards to creative data profiling and integration recommendations.
- Oversee data warehouse testing and participate in regression testing as it relates to the data warehouse environments or data marts.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance with respect to data warehousing / data mart best practices.
- Support the Business Intelligence Solutions Architect with overall information strategy and roadmap including data governance, master data management, and identification of enterprise-level data.
- Work with business users to review and provide input into functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide consulting and conduct reviews through the development lifecycle.
- Drive increased data warehouse maturity with continuous improvement towards an enterprise data model.
- Other IT projects and duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- MBA preferable.
- 3+ years of experience in a data warehouse architecture role.
- 5+ years of experience working with databases. SQL Server preferred.
- Practical hands on experience with data modeling, ETL, OLAP, and data profiling.
- Strong knowledge of how databases and ETL software function including when to use which platform.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Database development including stored procedures, stored functions, triggers, and views.
- Knowledge of different data models (3NF, star schema, and snowflake schema) and when to use them.
- Work across multiple teams in an open and collaborative way to design holistic solutions, solving business problems.
- Knowledge of SQL Server 2016 functionality.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Business Intelligence stack (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS).
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with BI reporting tools, such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI preferred.
- Demonstrate proficient use of data analysis, data integration, and data visualization techniques that inform and accelerate decision-making.
- Excellent communications skills at both the IT and business levels.
- Formalized audit and/or financial training desirable.
- Data warehousing
- Azure experience a plus
- Business Intelligence experience desirable
- Data analysis, design, & testing
- Data stewardship & governance
- Solution architecture & planning
- Critical thinking & problem solving
- Excellent oral & written communications
- Technical & business analysis
- Implementation of solutions applying development life cycles. Agile experience desired.
- Languages: SQL, HTML, XML, C#, .NET
- Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio, SQL Server
Red Robin is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer