The RRBW Manager supports and ensures that the restaurant operates within Red Robin guidelines, while meeting/exceeding sales and profitability objectives. This position is responsible for managing many aspects within the restaurant including the selection, development and performance management of restaurant Team Members, optimizing profits and increasing sales.
- Effectively and efficiently manage restaurant by following the best practices of the Company and Brand Equity Standards to ensure Guest satisfaction and profit maximization
- Manage day-to-day operations during scheduled shifts that include daily decision making, Team Member support, Guest interaction, scheduling, planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness
- Assist with profit optimization by scheduling labor efficiently and ordering food and supplies to maintain appropriate inventory
- Prepare end of shift reports and paperwork
- Ensure Guest satisfaction and prompt problem resolution
- Exemplify and recognize Legendary Acts of Leadership and Quality to ensure 100% Guest satisfaction
- Ensure the restaurant environment supports our core values of honor, integrity, seeking knowledge, and having fun
- Responsible for compliance with OSHA, local health and safety codes as well as Company safety and security policies. Ensure team is following safe work behavior standards
- Ensure adherence to Company cash handling and payment processing procedures
- Assist with the selection, on boarding and retention of Team Members through motivation, recognition, coaching and development
- Regularly measure and evaluate service standards by using various feedback tools to develop and implement plans for continuous service improvement
- Adhere to Federal, State and local laws in addition to Company policy (regulate compliance with work authorization/ liquor service/wage and hour laws and, where applicable, break requirements), holds team members accountable to these standards
- Delivers food to guest when needed both by cycling and walking
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of performance appraisals and take any necessary disciplinary action in line with Company standards
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local restaurant marketing programs
- Supervise 2-20 employees on a shift
- Champion and adhere to all Company standards and policies including the Code of Conduct, Attendance and Uniform and Appearance policy
- Protect Company assets and prevent/diffuse situations that create potential risks to the organization
- Perform all FOH/ HOH functions including food preparation, cooking, cleaning, and delivery
Lifting- up to 10lbs frequently, up to 50lbs occasionally, up to 100lbs infrequently. Lifting overhead frequently.
Exposed to cleaning chemicals.
Color and depth perception required for vision. Needs both near and far vision.
Twists and reaches occasionally. Grasps objects to move or manipulate them frequently.
Stands and walks constantly. Exposed to weather when delivering orders.
Pushes and pulls delivery cart. Rides bike when needed to delivery destinations.
Listen to and comprehends instructions from Guests and coworkers over background restaurant and equipment noise constantly.
Frequent hand washing required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- A background check will be required.
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant experience required; minimum of 1 year in a management or supervisory capacity in a restaurant or in the retail /hospitality industry preferred
- Record of maintaining high standards in restaurant cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and Guest satisfaction
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred
- Passion for the business and compassion for people
- Highly-Energetic, self motivated, goal oriented and dependable
- Good oral and written communication skills, and outstanding leadership, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Basic personal computer literacy
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including opening, closing, weekends and holidays. Must be willing to work up to 50 hours per week. Reliable transportation required
- ServSafe Certified and ServeSafe Food Handler Certificate (or equivalent programs) required where specified by law and preferred in other locations
- Some exposure to P&L and Sales Building a plus