Digital technology has forever changed business. Now, it’s transforming tax. Soon, tax enforcement will be part of every business process - and every transaction. As governments go digital, financial systems and traditional tax software can't keep up. And, businesses now face escalating risk and mounting compliance costs. Sovos was built for the digital future of tax. The Sovos Intelligent Compliance Cloud Is the first complete solution for modern tax, combining tax determination, e-Invoicing compliance and tax reporting on Sovos' reliable, scalable and secure S1 Platform.
We are building the future of Global Compliance Software. We want you to build your future with us.
The Work You'll Do:
This is a tremendous opportunity to start your career in sales/marketing! Our Business Development Representatives are an integral part of the Sales and Marketing functions at Sovos. Working together, the team starts the sales process with prospective clients and ultimately set the sales teams up for success. You will be responsible for inbound/outbound demand creation, targeting prospects for our Sales and Use Tax line of business, qualifying potential customers and increasing awareness of Sovos’ platform and services. Joining a global team of sales leaders, Sovos emphasizes growth and development; giving all of our BDRs the tools and resources that they will need to build a successful career in sales, marketing or elsewhere within Sovos! Skip the door to door appliance sales and start your career in a world-class software organization!
More specifically you will:
- Qualify inbound leads, provide high-level overview of products and services, update Salesforce.com, fulfill literature requests, and transition lead to Sales through identification of BANT (Budget, Authority, Need & Timeframe)
- Prospect into named, targeted accounts with the goal of generating a qualified opportunity to be handed off to our Sales team
- Execute around 50 outbound activities a day - divided between inbound follow-up & outbound prospecting to C-Level Executives
- Support integrated marketing activities and promotions with prospect and customer base primarily through outbound calling campaigns
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of information in database
- Keep up-to-date of Sovos’ corporate objectives and product updates
What We Need From You:
- Great team player – identify and execute ideas that will make the Business Development and Sales teams better
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to learn and grow within an organization
- Minimal travel is required
What Does Sovos Offer You?
The tools to grow your career both personally and professionally:
Did you know that over 30% of our employees experienced a promotion or job change in FY2019? That can happen, because growth is serious business here at Sovos, and we have the programs in place to make sure of it, including:
- Competitive base salaries paired with attainable and competitive commission plans
- Clear paths for growth within our roles (ask our Sales Directors how they got where they are) in a company that gives you all the tools you need to succeed
- An opportunity to work with global teams
- Training Boot Camps, Leadership Development, Rotation, and Presentation/Communication Programs to help you enhance and gain new skills that will push you to the next level in your career
- A chance to sell against a mission critical problem, which customers NEED (not a nice to have)
The tools to enhance your life - because we want you to enjoy your life outside of work
- myTime flexible time off (no worrying about accruing time or running out of sick days - If you need time off, take it!)
- Paid family leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Generous 401k match
- Progressive Wellness Program
- Company seeded and matched Health Savings Account (HSA)
The challenge of working in an emerging market and solving complex problems for our clients is a large one. Businesses are struggling to keep up with the pace, volume, and complexity of regulatory requirements. In fact, 45% of CFOs say compliance is their “biggest growth challenge.” That is why over half of the Fortune 500 counts on Sovos to solve their complex business-to-government compliance challenges. Our employees work on meaningful and engaging projects that make a tangible impact on our clients’ success.
Does this sound like a fit? Apply now!