Food & Beverage manager for prominent San Francisco golf course
Seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager to oversee clubhouse café, bar and mid-course F&B outlet at legendary San Francisco golf course. Manager will play a critical role in ensuring that guest expectations are exceeded, employee development is fulfilled and financial targets are achieved. Position will be responsible for focusing on quality, presentation and guest expectations at the bar, dining room, and catering. Schedule will include weekends and nights.. Applicant should have a minimum 5 years fine dining experience, knowledge of banquet, beverage operations, catering and convention service, food preparation and multiple outlet operations. Proficiency with Micros POS systems. Strong knowledge of wine a must, and be able to suggestively sell menu items, beverages and wines Responsible for and have a proven track record of purchasing & inventory control while maintaining cost of goods and labor budgets. Computer literacy is a must. Must have a ServSafe or equivalent food handler’s certificate or be able to acquire one within two months upon hiring. Valid driver's license - minimum of Class C (non Commercial Driver License) license and clean motor vehicle record required.
• Ensure that all customer service, food preparation, workplace safety and sanitation procedures are at management’s expectations.
• Schedule personnel appropriately based upon business needs and events.
• Manage and maintain small wares, restaurant equipment, inventory and supply.
• Plans and executes the operational elements of all specialty events and services
• Consistent and efficient completion of all cash handling, payroll and inventory reporting paperwork
• Responsible for ensuring proper presentation, portion control, and maintenance of proper serving temperatures -- follows HACCP standards, and temperature records.
• Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies and utensils.
• Ensures that all injuries and accidents are reported on a timely and accurate basis.
• Ensures staff is in proper uniform and adhering to appearance standards.
• Interviews, Hires, Trains and Evaluates staff for all positions.
• Provides feedback and support to employees to further their development. Counsels as necessary.
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Proficient with word processing and spread sheet applications. Ability to operate Web based ordering system.
• Ability to write professional and efficient emails to peers, clients and customers.
• Ability to read and comprehend elaborate instructions, event requests, correspondence, and memos written in English
• Ability to lead small meeting and trainings with employees and other members of the company and cover basic health, safety, culinary and service topics.
• Supervise operation of bar and wine bar to maximize profitability, minimize legal liability, and conform to alcoholic beverage regulations.
• Work with other management personnel to plan marketing, advertising, and any special restaurant and bar functions.
• Investigate and resolve complaints concerning food quality and service.
• Comply with all health and safety regulations. Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
• Review and monitor, with bookkeeper or other financial personnel, expenditures to ensure that they conform to budget limitations.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Push and Pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must have a professional attitude and the desire to grow with our rapidly expanding company
Bon Appétit offers benefits for all employees (fulltime, part-time, and on-call). Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation, sick pay, and vendor discounts
Bon Appétit Management Company is an equal opportunity employer.
EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Must be able to pass criminal background check, E-Verify, and be available to provide a minimum of two references.