The Bookkeeper for Bon Appétit assists Site Controller with financial requirements as outlined in the Accounting Manual. Ensure that all time constraints are followed. Input accounting information into the system to include revenues, inventory and expenses. Be courteous and helpful to customers and team members.
This position will be Hourly, M-F AM Shifts. Schedule TBD during interviews. We are looking for an analytical thinker and self-starter with excellent communication skills and complete mastering of general computer skills, including Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint. Restaurant accounting experience preferred but not necessary. This person will report directly to a District Manager and be overseen by a Regional Corporate Controller.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Complies and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks to substantiate business transactions; controls and disburses petty cash according to company policies.
• Verifies and posts details of business transactions, such as funds received, disbursed, and deposited. Transfers totals to computer spreadsheets and into databases. .
• Computes and records charges, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, rentals, and similar items; prepares vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, and other records and reviews for accuracy.
• Monitors accounts payable and receivable to ensure that payments are up to date; codes and inputs data (e.g., inventories, cash collections) for forwarding to the corporate office and inclusion in the company’s financial reports.
• Input payables, CPMs, BAMCO adjustments, manual checks, commissary and other transfers into the system.
• Run calculator tapes to balance all the expenses to the reports.
• Calculate payroll and input to Unit Accounting System (UAS).
• General office duties include filing, dispatching, mail distribution, correspondence; prepares and maintains payroll and personnel reports (e.g., commissions, vacation/sick accruals, union health and welfare).
• Communicate accurately, honestly and in a timely manner with Clients, vendors and Bon Appétit accounting department.
• Offer office phone support for the Site Controller, ensuring that all guests and staff are treated with care and respect.
• Input and upload any personnel info for new hires or changes.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have at minimum an Associate's degree in a business related field
• Has a minimum of 2 years in account receivable and payable.
• Must be proficient with 10-key.
• Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and client.
• Has a computer skill with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Ability to use the STAFF time clock system properly, and record worked hours for processing.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Associate's Degree in business related field
• STAFF training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safely rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
ACHIEVING LEADERSHIP IN THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY:
Bon Appétit is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing task in a group setting.