The Restaurant Operations Manager position is responsible for the overall conceptual and financial success of the Restaurant and adhering to the Client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations and to the Bon Appétit Management culture. This position manages and oversees the daily operational and administrative tasks, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety. This position also motivates trains, develops and directs all employees to accomplish the objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of guests and AIC visitors and maintains a successful working relationship with the client.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
• Interact professionally with other employees, guests and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Maintain the vision and concept of Terzo Piano and Caffe Moderno in all aspects of service including uniforms, logistics and service standards while promoting a “keeping it fresh” attitude.
• Oversee all cash handling procedures to include server cash-out, cash drawers in CM & TP
• Professional & diligent phone management and managing reservations in Open Table during service
• Ensure all guest email and phone communication regarding restaurant operations is returned in a timely manner on a daily basis
• Oversee cash change requests for all TP & CM banks, regular runs to and from accounting
• Managing STAFF & CPM needs:
Includes hourly employee schedule entry, tip reporting, vacation & sick pay requests, information updates, new hire input, etc
• Facilitate, track and organize all new hire paperwork
• Delegate and oversee data entry for all daily invoice tracking for food and beverage purchases
• Ensure proper management of all TP Gift Card & Certificate standards
• Manage all menu printing and editing including MICROS POS System
• Delegates and performs general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, and filing.
• Assists management staffs in the administrative tasks and the financial reports using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
• Create and maintain TP & CM training standards of service to include:
? Steps of service
? Food & Beverage Knowledge
? Phone Etiquette
? Basic AIC operations knowledge
• Assists management staffs in preparing confidential employment and labor relations documents, including but not limited to proposed disciplinary noticed and labor relations correspondence and proposals.
• Creates labels, allergen menus, signs, posters and restaurant operations related announcements
• Work with Marketing Coordinator to ensure all communications, promotions and special events in TP & CM are well coordinated and managed
• Opens, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
• Makes sure that appropriate presentation all of food items are present in all serving areas.
• Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
• Works effectively and maintain good working relations with co-workers, customers, and Food Service Supervisor.
• Maintains clean and safe work environment; ability to perform job safely.
• Answer telephones prompt response to messages, maintaining proper phone etiquette.
• Daily walk-through of facility “through the customer’s eyes”.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to the three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Has a minimum of 2 years in administrative or clerical area.
• Ability to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Has a computer skill with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to type at least 40 words per minute (wpm).
• Ability to make rapid calculations.
• Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and client.
• Must have a positive attitude and a willingness to work.
• Ability to follow oral and written directions and adapt to changing situations.
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Ability to use the STAFF time clock system properly, and record worked hours for processing.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
College Degree is preferred, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to speak, read, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
ACHIEVING LEADERSHIP IN THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY:
Bon Appétit is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
This position is directly responsible for the supervision of 20 to 30 employees and is responsible for working in a team oriented environment and completing task in a group setting.