Lead Cook

CA - Palo Alto


Share This Job

Bookmark and Share

Job Description


The Lead Cook for Bon Appetit Management Company at Google is responsible for the proper preparation and execution of menu items. This position oversees the daily execution of menu items along with the supervision of cooks assigned to the cafe stations by the Manager. Job requires 95% of employee's time spent in the kitchen with the remaining 5% dedicated to ordering and administrative duties. This position supports management in developing a sense of teamwork and cooperation.

The culinary work required in this position must follow Bon Appétit’s /Google's commitment to sustainability, proper health and safety guidelines.


Oversee kitchen staff and daily cafe operations.
Assist in teaching and training the cooks in proper culinary techniques.
Ensure the proper storage of foods in designated areas following wrapping, dating and labeling procedures.
Ensure all cafe safety and sanitation requirements are met daily.
Utilize approved food production standards to maintain proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
Serve customers in an efficient and friendly manner.
Act as a role model representative of Bon Appetit's / Google's company standards.
Assure compliance with all sanitation, ServSafe and safety requirements.

Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.



To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

Demonstrate strong passion and motivation to create great food.
Successfully execute test recipe as administered by manager.
Ability to indepentantly supervise a crew of 3 or more
Complete understanding of cafe concept and the ability to effectivley translate this to staff
Demonstrate strong passion and motivation to create great food.
Assist with writing daily production assignments.
Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
Possess strong culinary knowledge of good kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
2 years experience in restaurant or food service kitchen.
Understanding of culinary units of measure.
Ability to work safely and efficiently with large volume culinary equipment including but not limited to grill, fryers, steamers, tilt skillets and convention ovens.
Ability to follow all Bon Appétit/Google Health & safety standards.
Meet Bon Appétit/Google unit specific uniform standards for this position.
Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment’s per Bon Appétit/Google guidelines.
Wear a cut resistance glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.


ServSafe certified.
Culinary Certificate or Degree preferred
Prior experience managing staff preferred



| More