A General Manager for Bon Appétit Management Company supervises the overall success of the operation adhering to the Client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Bon Appétit’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. Oversees all new Café openings. Manages all pre-opening schedules. Analyzes the Café financials. Maintains and teaches a good work ethic. Motivates, trains, develops and directs all staff to accomplish the goals and objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers. Solves problems professionally, rapidly and fairly. Maintains a working relationship with client.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Oversees that high quality food items are creatively well prepared and presented in a cost effective manner in the Cafés and catering.
• Maintains Bon Appétit food standards and follows purchasing guidelines in all programs, including farm to fork.
• Meets and exceeds the expectations of the customer and client perceived value.
Supervision and Development of Staff
• Hires, trains and supervises the management team.
• Supervises the adherence to proper uniform standards following the employee handbook and established account guidelines.
• Conducts all Manager reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions in a professional and timely manner.
• Identifies management that posses motivation and skills for advancement, assists in their development.
Financial Management and Analysis
• Follows all Bon Appétit’s requirements as outlined in the Accounting Manual.
• Formulates Bon Appétit and Client budgets with operational standards and client vision in mind.
• Analyzes the Flash, Variance report and Operating Statement, making changes, and recommendations to the Client.
Safety and Sanitation
• Adheres to all Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations.
• Reports any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident for customers and/or staff accurately and in a timely manner.
• Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment when in kitchens and service areas.
Customer Service and Client Relations
• Treats all customers with professionalism, care and respect.
• Responds to all comments and complaints within 24 hours and follows up with a written or verbal response with copies to the DM and Client.
• Communicates with the Client honestly, accurately and in a timely manner.
• Ensures that all café operations meet great expectations standards.
• Oversees and contributes to the successful opening of all new Cafés.
• Meets all timelines for quarter and year-end reports given by Client and Bon Appétit.
• Teaches and adheres to Bon Appétit philosophy, culture and commitment to quality food and service, as outlined great expectations.
• Takes the overall ownership of the account.
• Has a Passion for quality food preparation and taste.
• Has knowledge of and enforces the Client/Bon Appétit contractual agreement.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Has a minimum of 5 years food service operation supervision experience.
• Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and client.
• Has a computer skill with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Strong passion for great food.
• General culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
• Ability to follow all Bon Appétit Health & safety standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• College Degree is required
• Online Sexual Harassment Training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read, understand and speak English to perform essential functions of the job.
• Ability to speak and write clear, professional and efficient correspondence in email and over the phone. • Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to lead groups in training classes catering basic industry topics.
ACHIEVING LEADERSHIP IN THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY:
Bon Appétit is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing task in a group setting.