A Cafe Supervisor for Bon Appétit Management Company supervises shifts of the operation adhering to the Client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and Bon Appétit’s standards and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. Maintains and teaches a good work ethic. Motivates, trains, develops and directs all staff to accomplish the goals and objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers. Solves problems professionally, rapidly and fairly.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and with managers.
• Oversees that high quality food items are creatively well prepared and presented in a cost effective manner in the Café.
• Maintains Bon Appétit food standards and guidelines in all programs.
• Meets and exceeds the expectations of the customer and client perceived value.
Supervision and Development of Staff
• Trains and supervises hourly associates.
• Supervises the adherence to proper uniform standards following the employee handbook and established account guidelines.
• Alerts Manager of any infractions of policy or code of conduct while supervising staff.
• Identifies staff that posses motivation and skills for advancement, assists in their development.
Financial Management and Analysis
• Follows all Bon Appétit’s requirements for cash handling and deposits.
• Assists with labor and food purchase planning.
Safety and Sanitation
• Adheres to all Health Department, OSHA and ADA regulations. Follows all safety monitoring standards.
• Reports any injury, accident and/or food borne illness incident for customers and/or staff accurately and in a timely manner.
• Utilizes Personal Protective Equipment when in kitchens and service areas.
Customer Service and Client Relations
• Treats all customers with professionalism, care and respect.
• Alerts Manager of any customer service issues.
• Communicates with the cusotmers honestly, accurately and in a timely manner.
Retail and Residential Dining Management
• Ensures that all café operations meet great expectations standards.
• Oversees the successful opening and closing of Café shifts.
• Has a Passion for quality food preparation and taste.
Note: Job duties are subject to change as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Has a minimum of 2 years food service operation supervision experience.
• Able to speak clearly and listen attentively to staff, peers, supervisors, guests and client.
• Has a computer skill with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Strong passion for great food.
• General culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols and procedures.
• Ability to follow all Bon Appétit Health & safety standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current ServSafe certification preffered
• Online Zero Tolerance Sexual Harassment, Wage and Hour regulation and Allergen awareness training requiired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to read, understand and speak English to perform essential functions of the job.
• Ability to speak and write clear, professional and efficient correspondence in email and over the phone.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers and other employees of the organization.