Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing company that is innovative, entrepreneurial and mission centered? Our technical and management consultants work closely with our customers in a dynamic, solution-oriented environment and we invite you to apply to our opening for a Systems Administrator today.
Delivering world-class solutions starts with the right people for a National Security client. Whether you’re implementing new technologies, defining strategies for growth or helping customers make the most of their services, you will be working every day to help build a great company. We value the growth of individual skills and strengths while making real contributions as highly collaborative teams. We strive for excellence, take pride in our work and celebrate our successes together.
Join a team that will transform our client’s infrastructure by providing support services to build and maintain the systems software and hardware infrastructure for mission-critical applications supporting over 42,000 employees, contractors, and other government personnel for the Intelligence Community.
The primary job responsibilities for this role include:
• Implement, monitor and maintain application servers
• Participate in troubleshooting and resolution of servers issues
• Perform system implementations and infrastructure upgrades
• Assist the design team where needed
Required skills and experience include:
2 years experience in Systems Administration
1 year experience in each of the following -
• Install, configure and administer UNIX servers and to install configure and administer systems software in that environment
• Develop capabilities, apply patches, and resolve problems on servers running Unix operating systems
• Support on Intel and Spare architecture hardware
• Design, install, and configure Oracle Solaris Operating System and supporting software components
• Resolve problems on servers running UNIX operating systems
Clearance requirements: This position requires that qualified candidates have a Top Secret level clearance.
Buchanan & Edwards (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, Virginia. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing military, government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission, and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2011 Small Business of the Year Award for the US Department of State and as an INC 500/5000 awardee.