Since becoming an independent organization in 2002, BBYO has built a powerful platform of professionals, volunteers and teens who are capable of delivering a wide menu of compelling experiences to the Jewish teen audience. Since that time, the number of teen participants has more than doubled to 36,000, its North American staff has grown to over 100 professionals, and its budget exceeds $20 million. During the next five years BBYO will fully leverage this platform by offering clearly defined learning objectives, more program experiences, more opportunities to connect and more substantive tools to measure impact, ultimately sending a more passionate generation of young Jews to campus and young adulthood.
The BBYO Michigan Region Administrative Assistant provides support for Michigan Region’s Director and other staff, with a focus on supporting development (fundraising) activities. BBYO Michigan Region is the 2nd largest region in the country (by teen involvement) and has the largest development operation. This role reports to the Director of BBYO Michigan Region and will work with BBYO’s five full-time Area Administrators.
· Assist with tracking and maintaining donor records
· Input all donations in Softrek (donor database)
· Process reports as requested.
· Process acknowledgement letters, pledge invoices, and other communication.
· Provide administrative support for several development events during the year, including Regional Convention, Alumnus/a of the Year, and more.
o This includes maintaining registration, coordinating seating, serving as liaison to vendors, managing volunteers, and more.
· Manage BBYO Michigan Region’s presence on social media, in partnership with Program staff members.
· Broaden BBYO Michigan Region’s footprint on social media, including the number of people connected with BBYO (both teen and adult stakeholders) and frequency of posts.
· Maintain inventory of supplies, ordering more as required.
· Responsible for organization of supplies, forms, and other items necessary for BBYO’s operation.
· Assist Program Team with administrative support for programs, as needed.
· Organize and maintain BBYO Michigan Region archives.
· Other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate for this position will possess the following characteristics: attention to detail, computer savvy, ability to juggle several projects simultaneously, customer service skills and significant knowledge of and success using various social media.
This position is hourly and part-time (approximately 15 hours/week, with some flexibility required) and does not include benefits. The BBYO office is located at the West Bloomfield Jewish Community Center.
To apply please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the words “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Application also at https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6504&jid=200634