Assists the Corporate Controller in directing an organization's accounting functions. These functions include establishing and maintaining an organization's accounting principles, practices, and procedures. This position will be responsible for Corporate accounting duties including A/P, payroll, journal entries, general ledger and other accounting functions as assigned.
Candidate must be flexible and excited about working in a fast paced company; have proven communication and organizational skills; and be willing and able to focus on both internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Supervises all accounting and payroll functions, A/P invoice data entry, A/P check runs, all overhead charges, clearing suspense accounts, monthly journal entries, monthly allocations, material transfer, reconciling vendor accounts, expense analysis, and DocVue invoice reconciliation.
• Assume a management and leadership role to assist Controller.
• Monitor month-end accounting close processes.
• Respond to all inquiries for reporting, reconciliation and requests for Board and executive presentations.
• Provide all requested regular and one-off reporting.
• Responsible for managing the general accounting function. Oversees the completion of ledger accounts and financial statements.
• Evaluates and makes appropriate improvements to internal accounting processes ensuring that practices are in line with the overall goals of the organization.
• Familiar with a variety of the accounting field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
• Responsible for all payroll functions including management of international payrolls requiring accountability to both accounting and human resource departments.
• May assist in business integration strategies for acquisitions.
Supervisory and Management Responsibilities:
• Supervises A/P, Payroll and Accounting functions.
• Computer systems’ proficiency.
• Excel Spreadsheets – expert level.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• At least seven years of accounting experience.
• At least three years of management experience.
Please note: Assessment Testing is required for this position.
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.