Under general supervision, a GIS Tech - II is responsible for the creation and/or maintenance of geospatial map data. The individual in the GIS Tech II position will occasionally be called upon to produce both digital and hard copy cartographic products and provide other generally non-standard, custom mapping services and products.
Candidate must be flexible and excited about working in a fast paced company; have proven communication and organizational skills; and be willing and able to focus on both internal and external customer service to meet business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
• Process, maintain, and/or create digital geospatial map data for client’s use.
• Apply cartographic techniques and procedures to produce soft copy and hard copy map products.
• Translates or converts data into other digital formats and use error checking programs to solve problems.
• May act as lead technician by answering questions, resolving problems, coordinating efforts of less experienced technicians.
• Assures production of digital data is prepared efficiently according to specification and schedule.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to work both individually and with others.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
• Associates degree (A, A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated experience with basic geographic information system concepts (GIS), software, and related hardware.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge on the use of internet browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel, word processing software such as Microsoft Word, database software such as Microsoft Access, and e-mail client software such as Microsoft Outlook. Esri ArcGIS Desktop and/or other industry standard GIS software – preferred.
Please note: Assessment testing is required for this position.
P2 Energy Solutions and its affiliated companies are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.