Bon Appétit Management Company at Saint Louis Art Museum is looking for talented food and beverage professionals in preparation for the opening of our new restaurant and cafe operations.
A Busser who is responsible for setting and resetting dining room tables, clearing tables, refilling water, serving bread, and restocking clean plates, silverware, and glassware, and maintaining consistent and efficient unit specific service standards.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
• Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
• Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
• Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
• Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
• Sets and Resets tables according to specifications of restaurant.
• Removes plates and silverware when all guests have finished, following proper service standards.
• Maintains service stations in a clean and orderly manner throughout shift.
• Performs all opening and closing side work as specified by manager.
• Expedites and runs food to wait person, or guests as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to interact with diverse and high volume customer base in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Ability to use the time clock system properly, and record worked hours for processing.
• Ability to take direction from multiple managers, supervisor and employees.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Must have problem-solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
• Commitment to quality service, and food and beverage knowledge.
• Posses the ability to meet Bon Appétit unit specific uniform standards for this position.
• Utilize all Personal Protective Equipment per Bon Appétit guidelines.
• Wear a cut resistant glove whenever using a sharp or potentially sharp tool or instrument.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
• Stand, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
• Walk; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
• Safely carry a restaurant bus tray at shoulder height with dishes in crowded environment.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be familiar with all menu items, their preparation and service procedure.
• Must be clean, smart and well presentable.
• Ability to speak, read, and follow simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English.
• Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
This position does not directly supervise anyone but is responsible for working in a team and completing tasks in a group setting.
ACHIEVING LEADERSHIP IN THE FOODSERVICE INDUSTRY:
Bon Appétit is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Bon Appétit Management Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Must be able to pass criminal background check, drug screen, E-Verify, and be available to provide a minimum of two references.