Eataly is the largest artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace in the world! With various restaurants, our market sells the same quality products used by our chefs: cured meats, cheeses, fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, handmade pasta, pastries, coffee and tea, as well as dried pastas, sauces and olive oil. A cooking school, bookstore, housewares and beauty section makes it even easier to bring Italy home!
As a leader in the food and beverage industries, Eataly offers great benefits, staff discounts and tremendous growth opportunities. We are a young, energetic and innovative start-up that is rapidly expanding and we are looking for a new Finance Manager to grow with us! As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, our Finance Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reports To: Controller of Eataly
Job Description: The responsibility of the Finance Manager is to assist the Controller of Eataly with maintaining the accuracy of the company General Ledger and all supporting documents. The ideal candidate will have skillful time management of deliverables and will be comfortable learning new technology. He or she will understand how to set priorities and goals and can work constantly with them in mind.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages all aspects of cash reconciliation and fixed assets records
• Communicates with other departments to accurately manage Accounts Receivable
• Imports daily sales, payroll and miscellaneous Accounts Payables transactions
• Monitors and maintains accuracy of G/L allocations, accounts, vendor and customer card fields
• Monitors receivings and payables to oversee productivity of Accounts Payable output
• Creates reports using Excel and Management Report as necessary
• Works with Controller and other departments to find solutions to any inefficiencies related to the Finance department
• Minimum three years’ experience in related field is required
• Advanced Excel skills, ease with technology and basic bookkeeping skills is essential
• Must be extremely thorough and have excellent verbal communication skills, both with internal and external contacts
• Understanding of team dynamics and the “big picture”