Capsugel is the recognized world leader in the manufacture and sale of two-piece gelatin and HPMC capsules for the pharmaceutical and dietary supplement industries.
Colleagues who join our team are exposed to excellent opportunities for future growth in a diverse market, where they are best positioned for personal and professional growth. Our colleagues have the opportunity to work on global projects, with access to diverse cultures and operations. In addition to a competitive, performance-based compensation and benefits program, we offer interesting and challenging jobs in a dynamic and safe environment
For more information please visit us at www.capsugel.com
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Analytical chemist tasked with performing test procedures as required to determine the quality of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products. Assure compliance with company standards and specifications, government regulations, and cGMP’s and GLP’s.
• Troubleshoot laboratory instrumentation and perform routine preventative maintenance and/or requalification.
• Identify and solve problems involving the analysis of materials and finished product.
• Write and execute analytical method validation protocols.
• Maintain accurate laboratory records.
•Conduct activities with minimal supervision.
• Write/revise Standard Operating Procedures and execute special projects as required.
• Prioritize workload to align with the needs of the business.
• Train new hires and other laboratory personnel, as needed.
•Conduct and document Out of Specification investigations, as necessary.
Support technical discussions during customer or regulatory audits.
Bachelors of Science in Chemistry or related field of study.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a cGMP laboratory supporting manufacturing operations.
Proficiency in wet chemistry techniques and use of laboratory instrumentation such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, UV-Vis spectrophotometry, Karl Fischer and ICP/MS.
Proficiency in the use of MS Office, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Visio.
Proficiency in verbal and written communication.