Successful candidate will administer Human Resources functions to include recruitment, training, policy design and legal compliance, under direction of Director of Adminstration.
Essential job functions
· Recruit and select qualified candidates through placement of advertising, set up of interviews, development of interview techniques and testing.
· Ensure company compliance with all legal requirements, government reporting regulations and health and safety programs.
· Provide and/or recommend training and development programs to management staff.
· Support managers and supervisors by offering guidance and advice on employee relations, coaching and/or counseling issues.
· Participate in updates to employee handbook and ensure that policies are enforced.
· Participate in the organization’s budget process through staffing plans, submission of payroll and other data as needed.
· Perform new employee orientation through development and presentation of orientation materials that best define the company, its history, benefits and policy/procedures.
· Enhance company communication efforts through postings, internal newsletters, one-on-one meetings etc.
· Initiate background checks to include federal, state and employment verifications, and drug screen for all applicants.
· Participate in review, selection, analysis of benefits programs as offered by qualified vendors.
· Ensure accurate records are maintained on all employee-related information to include personal data, compensation, benefits, tax data, attendance, performance reviews and termination.
· Support the accurate and timely process of bi-weekly payroll as administered by Payroll Manager
· Additional tasks performed: Employee Counseling , Performance Review Process, Enter, process and approve PO’s, invoices, Job Description-creation, update, Weekly Meetings – Management, HR, Ethics and Status Reports, Events Committee Activities, Research – new programs, products, vendors, Unemployment claims.
· Independent judgment and discretion required.
· Control over departmental budget
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and five years of human resources experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous HR Management experience required.
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Relationships at all levels, from President down to department heads, to entry level positions.
Relationships with outside vendors, SHRM (national and local) and any other community or civic associations that may be beneficial.
Relationships with local university and educational entities.
Ability to speak effectively before a group in an educational format or to share information.